Carbon Fiber hood options!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by BlackBird, Nov 28, 2014.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Well, looks like Seibon is the first to market with a CF hood for our cars that weighs fully half as much as the OEM hood. That's pretty impressive. So far I only see it on Si-Co's site, but I bet North American Seibon dealers will likely be able to order it as well....

Have to say, I'd really like one and see how it fits/looks (as well as confirm the weight, though I'm inclined to trust Si-Co). Would go nicely with the CF wing they sell...

Who's going to be the first?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

That's a lot of cash for only 13 lbs saved...
  4. BlackBird

No way. Go look up how much an authentic Powerhouse Amuse dry carbon hood is for an S2000. It weighs 5lbs, and saves maybe 25. Considering a lot of carbon hoods are a few hundred more than this one, and a lot of those don't save much weight (or worse, are heavier than stock, between the number of layers needed to make it rigid and the clearcoating), it's not bad. You forget carbon hoods are as much a fashion item as they are function. Saving 13 lbs over the hardest part of the car to shed weight, while looking nice? Not bad, in my opinion.
    Firesail likes this.
  5. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

would it be difficult to get it painted?
  6. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Almost anyone who actually lays out the $$$$ for this is going to be too proud of it to want it hidden under a layer of paint (which would add untold OUNCES of unwanted weight!)
  7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ice Nine has had CF hoods avail for 6 months to a yr now just no one wanted to pony up about 1500 for a street hood or 850 for a race hood. though awesome quality still cost to weight was out of my league...
    Dyn085 likes this.
  8. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

I would normally agree, but this asian wants the only ricing to be inside sitting on the driver's seat. :p
  9. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

I just ordered the Seibon carbon hood for mine...
  10. BlackBird

Ooooh. I can't wait to see!! Please shoot me a message when you get it?

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.
  11. Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat New Member

I understand why you paint because you don't want your car to get messed with thats why I would do it especially where i live lol
  12. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Carbon fiber is cool and all but I don't like the thought that it wouldn't match the rest of the car since the hood is a different color.
  13. Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat New Member

Unless your car is black like mine lol
  14. briandburdett1952

briandburdett1952 New Member

do you guys on here think a carbon fiber bonnet would look good on a frozen white body :)
  15. briandburdett1952

briandburdett1952 New Member

thanks for all the comments really good site to be on (Not)