catless downpipe

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by 14st, Dec 20, 2014.

1. 14st

14st Member

So I'll get a CEL with the catless do even if its got the bung for the rear o2 sensor? And if so, would the accessport be able to keep it off?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 14st

14st Member

Um ok. Doesn't answer the question though
  5. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

You can use Accesstuner to turn off the CEL for no cat.
    aar0n likes this.
  6. aar0n

aar0n Member

Also if you do not have one they make universal O2 extenders. I think 2JR and other brands sell one. It makes the o2 sensor sit further away from the stream therefore not triggering an out of range reading and triggering a CEL. I have one on my car but I havent driven over 400 miles to prove i dont get a CEL.(400 miles is usually when i have seen people report getting a CEL for no cat)
  7. golfhack

golfhack Member

Also the Cobb OTS stage 3 tune will turn it off
    aar0n and ryst like this.
  8. 14st

14st Member

Do people run the carless downpipe without the stage 3 tune?
  9. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

I run a catless DP without the stage 3 tune. Instead I have a custom mountune tune as I havent upgraded my intercooler yet.

A tune will be required to run a catless dp.
    BlackBird likes this.
  10. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Buy a catless DP and then get retuned. Simple as that, and will make the most of your new purchase.
  11. aar0n

aar0n Member

I dont have a tune at all but I have all the parts (minus the intercooler since i havent mounted it yet) for a stage 3 tune LOL I am sure its not at top performance obviously but i havent purchased an accessport yet.
  12. XR650R

XR650R Member

Why catless? Unless you're racing, why would you want a ton more pollution for a tiny increase in performance?
  13. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Less expensive (by almost half), a little more power, and the sound. People have many reasons.
    aar0n likes this.
  14. XR650R

XR650R Member

Hey, your car, your lungs. Well, actually, everybody's lungs...