Check engine light and wrench :-(

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by Mikeygti, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

My car is on the back of a flat deck as we speak. Noticed a roughess to the engine, followed by check engine light and wrench. Then started running REALLY rough and then stalling. Started it back up, check engine light was still on and wrench was off. Wrench and stallin came back shortly. BLAH !

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. EcoBeast

EcoBeast Member

Sorry to hear about it. Keep us posted.

4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Stock ? Or Tuned ?

5. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Mountune MP215 tune/ full intake & quick shift kit ( both registered with Ford Racing Warranty ) also have a Cobb CBE & RMM but they shouldn't come into play ?

6. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Ah! Sorry to hear it. Keep us posted. Did you happen to use the mtune to check the engine code?

7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

yes keep us posted

8. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I didn't have the mtune with me to check the code.

9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Darn. Would have liked to know how it worked. Any ideas why the car would have died? Running 87 octane? Low on oil? Just have me worried cuz I'm running the same stuff. Minus the Cobb exhaust...

10. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I always run 94 octane. Can't say I've checked the oil recently but no apparent leaks. These cars are t really oil burners either are they ? Had the short shift kit installed at the dealer last weekend. Hmmmm

11. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Hmm. I don't see the quick shift doing anything. Unless the dealer broke or bent something during the install. I know one member here had an issue with that.

12. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Fingers definitely crossed....they gave me a Fusion as loaner. The things the size of a tank compared to the FiST lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. EcoBeast

EcoBeast Member

I disconnected a total of six items (hoses and sensor connectors) when I installed the short shift kit. I took pictures as I was doing it to remind myself what to reconnect.

Maybe something was not reinstalled properly ??

14. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

That's what I'm betting on at this point

15. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

IIRC a customer a while back damaged part of the harness during a quickshift installation causing the the same issue.

16. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

This is it probably. They way you describe what's happening it sounds like a vacuum leak, based on my experience working on simple cars. Could be one of those new-fangled sensors not fully plugged in.

17. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Heard from the dealer. Error code from cam position sensor . They couldn't get it to act up in the shop so feel it's a faulty sensor. Installing a new one tomorrow and should be good to go.

18. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Still in the shop....wrong sensor was shipped to them. In the mean time still driving the loaner Fusion. Not my kind of car, but well put together, and a bit of a looker;)

19. MonsterST

MonsterST Member

When Ford dealer installed my short shift they knocked off a vacuum line causing an error code...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

2 weeks since the sensor replacement, and car has been running great with no more error codes ( touch wood lol )
    It was nice signing the work order with a "0" balance due with warranty coverage.

TapTapPull, Firesail and SpaceFish like this.