Cobb AP 21psi?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by kryuenger, Dec 22, 2014.

1. kryuenger

kryuenger New Member

I've installed a Cobb Stage 1,and it feels good so far, is it normal to be running 20+ psi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. ryst

ryst Active Member

Yeah, 21psi peak is pretty normal for colder weather in Cobb OTS Stage 1. People in vegas and florida see ~19psi. The ECU will make different amounts of boost to hit torque targets, so you won't always see 21psi peak, but no need to worry, 21psi peak is normal (based on what other people report and what I've seen)
  4. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

At stage 3 I usually hit 22 and then rarely ill see 23psi but thats when its nice and chilly.
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

20.5-21.5 PSI is pretty normal for our cars. My car sees about 23.6-23.8 PSI in cool air on a custom tune.
  6. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

That's odd...I'm running MP215, no other mods, and I regularly see 22-23 psi. The highest I've seen is 23.5, but nowadays it has easily been over 22... I live in Louisiana so temps are usually above 60. This is on 93 octane.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  7. haste

haste Member

I installed Cobb AP with Mountune stage 1 93 tune and drop-in green filter. I'm seeing 21.5psi peak boost in 40f temps.
  8. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

I just got my pro tune and boost hits 25 psi in the cold mornings
  9. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

25psi is pretty impressive! I have only hit 23.00psi with my Mountune tune.
  10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I Think On E30 I am at 24/25 psi with a Randy tune. That was in summer I have not bothered to look since it got cold and I don't drive it much.
  11. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

Yes boost is good and all but after the pro tune I am having some issues and I believe it's the bpv. If I accelerate in first gear under normal throttle, after around 3k rpms my bpv will open even if im still giving it gas.
  12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

does that feel like surging ??
  13. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

yes kind of. I just cross checked my ots map and yes air holds until I let go of the gas but as soon as I switched to bills pro tune it started again. So for me just starting out in first gear with normal acceleration, as soon as I reach 3k rpms it will no longer hold and air will expel. The only way to avoid it is to give it more gas.
  14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I would consult your tuner as it sounds like one of your tables need to be adjusted up .. I had a few of these surging tunes as we progressed in our tuning of my car.. Not a bad thing just being safe and taking baby steps as the car is making good power it will need to be tweaked.. and by tweaked I mean you tune limits adjusted .. Or I Could be wrong . Still ask your tuner he is the go to guy (or gal) here for you.. ;) I am just guessing based on my own tuning experiance which is getting a map and loading it and datalogging it.. I do not do much if any messing around in the ATR software as of yet.. (no time yet)
  15. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

Yes well I did pick one of the best tuners in the country to tune it. William from delicious tuning. He tuned Ken Blocks car. Yea I have the atr software too and would be awesome if I knew what I was doing. Yeah I was there for 9 hours because the ecu would default back to factory when he tried to adjust the parameters. I picked up almost 25 wtq and 4hp. He tuned it more towards acceleration and less top end. Thank you for the help and I did data log earlier and will submit it to him on Monday.
  16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Please let us know what ya find out .. and Good luck
  17. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

Thank you and also I asked Bill what was the status of the fist handling e85 and he said it shouldn't be any issues. I can either get an e85 tune or wait for the flex fuel system to release mid summer and run e85 then. He estimates a gain of 40hp from that.
    RodMoe likes this.
  18. Eric Pittman

Eric Pittman New Member

I recently noticed that after 4500 rpm I loose boost. Down to about 14psi by redline. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal or could I have a leak...
  19. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

What is it showing as peak boost, if its only 14psi then you have a boost leak for sure. Not too sure how the Cobb tuner works but with the mountune mTune it still uses the overboost feature so you will get 21 of 22 psi of boost but then back off on the boost until your next shift of gear.
  20. Eric Pittman

Eric Pittman New Member

Yea it does hit 20-21 but then trails off as RPM climbs. On Cobb stage 1.
  21. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Sounds normal to me, don't know for sure but I'm thinking Cobb uses the over boost feature as well, which basically means you get peak boost and it starts to ramp the boost down to the safer levels so that your not allowing too much boost for too long to be produced and thus protect the engine and turbo.