Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST - Installed Review

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by BlueBomber, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Drifter

Drifter Member

Here is mine. No vibration at all. Filled the OEM mount with Poly mix.,

[​IMG]

ghostwhite likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. ryst

ryst Active Member

Looks pretty good. Did you remove the rubber from the factory mount or just add the poly mix? How long was your car down while it dried?

4. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Nice about time someone tried that here! So you know the stiffness rating on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I tried the solid Delrin mount from 2JRacing and it was too harsh for daily driving IMO. I switched to the Cobb RMM today and I must say this is what I was hoping for. Stiffer than stock but it doesn't rattle your teeth out. Good work Cobb!

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Funny I have the solid mount and don't notice much of anything vib wise it does make the shifting more mechanical feeling which is nice.. And it does feel like a real car at idle but nothing harsh or noticable if you are not looking for it .. infact it is almost invisable to my better half unless I go see right there at little tingle... but to each their own I guess comeing from a older track rat teggy with solidish (80) mounts this was lincoln town car anyways :) lol

7. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Can somebody measure the bolt diameter and post it? I am still thinking about trying the 2J insert with some urethane bushings.

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

not sure how that might work unless you drill out the 2J insert.. then why not just go rear Power Flex?

9. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Yeah I was going to bore and counterbore the Delrin insert to accept the urethane bushings. I would mill it maybe .1" thinner too so the urethane sticks out a little. I haven't looked at the powerflex option yet.

RodMoe likes this.
  10. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Once I receive my Cobb mount (hopefully next week), I'll be selling my 2Jracing delrin unit which will include the stock mount. $50 if anyone is interested. $10 on top of that if it has to be shipped.

11. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Hahah that's hilarious, you want someone to pay full price for your used part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Glad I was able to give you a good laugh. Obviously, my post was not directed to you. It's for someone who does not want to go through the trouble of pressing out the OEM bushing.

13. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I do have the Cobb 93 tune and an intake hose so I'm not exactly stock. That may have made some difference in what I was feeling for NVH. For me, the Cobb RMM is the right product. Noticed immediately that my dental plan was not going to be put to the test!

14. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I just finished installing the Cobb RMM. Easy job and after a quick test drive (in the rain), I must say that there is a world of difference in the solidity of the feel of the engine without a lot of NVH. Feels stock for NVH, but wheel hop and shift firmness are definitely much improved! I am one very happy customer!!!:D I also have an AP and am running the 93 V102 tune as well as the mountune intake hose and box w/ filter.

15. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Swapping out the lower transmission mount has been something I have done to all my FWD cars, and I am sure I will be doing the Cobb one on my ST. The amount of improvement over stock with such an easy change is fantastic!

16. Skeezix

Skeezix New Member

To revive an old thread..... can anyone comment on the actual break-in of aftermarket mounts (COBB or other)? This is an upgrade I would consider installing, but don't want to sacrifice any daily driving comfort. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

17. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

??Break in? It's a motor mount. It prevents the engine from banging on the firewall under torque load. There is no break in...

18. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

Depending on the mount, it can take from 1000 miles of driving to some reports of 3000+ miles for the Boomba mount. Either way, if you want less vibes, I suggest you try the powerflex insert first. If that's not enough then add the "small bush" as well but that needs a press or needs to be drilled out. Another way is to do the RAAMAudio way and fill it in with polyurathane in a bottle, but that takes time to cure and all... and no way to go back like the one insert.