cobb shift knob

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by graynicolas11, Mar 7, 2014.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Yesterday my knob got HOT!.
    It was however 110 degrees outside when I got into my car after work.

djdennehy likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

And it's not even summer yet!
  4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It may be time to install the remote start option.

5. COBB

COBB Active Member

Press fit, not very easy to separate, sorry! Wood would be cool though!

6. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

As a woodworker, I would love to make one out of cocobolo, ipe or purpleheart. Maybe some rosewood if I could find some.
  7. Removed

Removed Guest

So then, sounds like you guys need to make wooden knobs!
  8. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

I spoke to Aaron in customer service and he's going to send me a base from a blemished knob. I have a guy that I know through my work who makes lovely wooden 917/908 shift knobs. It's going to be awesome!
    COBB and Firesail like this.
  9. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

So I got my Cobb Knobb base from Aaron on Monday. Really nicely machined. It goes to my wooden shift knob guy next week. I'm super excited. I hate the stock knob's shape and the fact that it basically turns into a branding iron in the Southern California sun. I'll post pictures when the new knob is all done.
    Firesail likes this.
  10. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

I wish they would come out with a knob with the shift pattern on it. I always have to tell the parking attendants at they airport how to reverse and all that kind of stuff.
  11. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

^ I recently got a knob from CJ Pony Parts that has the shift pattern displayed on top. If you get the knob for a 2015 Mustang it will fit the FiST perfectly and clear the reverse lockout without any adapters. The knob is the classic ball shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. GolfKiller

GolfKiller New Member

Will change whole driver experience great investment and a quality product !