Cobb SoCal installs Fiesta ST FMIC on TST's Fiesta ST - PIC INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by BlueBomber, Apr 3, 2014.

1. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

[​IMG]

Look what was at Cobb SoCal today - this is Matt Farah's Fiesta ST getting tested, and obviously he's got the Stage II map now.

this means we have just a few days to wait til TST releases the video because they're quite quick with editing, unless of course, it's embargo'd

but thought you guys would want to see it.

RodMoe likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Beefy looking

4. wash

wash Active Member

I like the pipes.

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The stage two map works very well.

Dave

6. ryst

ryst Active Member

7. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I have searched high and low for a core like that! I will make my own if I can find a core or modify the ends to fit the car if a complete IC if the cost is low enough. If not then I will have to buy one but looking for a more reasonable price than a Mountune, etc....I hope the Cobb one works out but they take so long to deliver, I understand why they take their time of course......

8. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

Nice looking FMIC. But can they get someone other than Matt to review it?

9. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

given that the Fiesta ST used is matt's personal car, no

Or you can wait until Cobb sends me mine and I produce the installation video.
    OverbooST.Productions on YouTube.

10. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Doesn't really matter but it's not matts car, it's his camera mans car, "thadious" or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I could swear Farah's alluded to it being his, eg, "i've been making the payments" "payments made" etc - and that they said it would be used as the camera car?

12. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Idk who makes the payments but it's not his daily driver. I know for a fact someone else daily drives it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

interesting
    would love to know more of the backstory

14. smatty

smatty Member

So if I understand this correctly, the larger intercooler only allows the performance of the tune for the car to be increased a bit? There is no reason a stage 2 tune could not be loaded onto a stock st other than the fact that there might be heat disbursement issues?

15. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

the whole purpose of a fatter FMIC is consistency and fighting heat soak
    keeping intake temps down

If you run a stage II tune without the FMIC you could potentially run into problems as a result of that heat
    I would not suggest running a tune designed for cars with an upgraded FMIC on a car without one
    Unless you're willing to risk damaging the motor

16. smatty

smatty Member

Okay, I just wanted to make sure I understood that correctly. Thanks.

17. smatty

smatty Member

Sorry, I am bringing this back to life.

By "intake temps" do you specifically mean the temp of the charge air temperature? I mean if your charge temp is the same and you aren't running for extended periods of time, the rest of the intake components (intercooler and pipe/tubes) shouldn't be experiencing excessive stress?

And, if there was heat soaking issues, you should see a rise in the temperature of all related component areas right (engine bay, charge, coolant, oil, exhaust temps)?

Thanks for any info.