Cobb Tune: MPG

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by JPST, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JPST

JPST New Member

I'm looking into tuning my FiST. The Cobb system seems to be well liked and effective. My question for the guys out there that have done this; How has this impacted your MPG? I'm curious because I drive a lot.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. aar0n

aar0n Member

I drive to work 25 miles one way and i just flashed the stage 2 tune. So far its like .5 mpg difference. I dont have an intercooler installed yet but I do have a catless dp installed. The difference is negligible since I have been doing WOT pulls alot just messing around and data logging. If I drove normal it would probably around the same. This is just my experience in michigan.
    JPST likes this.
  4. localbacon

localbacon New Member

I drive 20 miles to and from work, with the highway/city being a 80/20 split. Staying out of boost with either a light foot with OTS Stage 3 tune or the 'ECON' OTS tune, I can get an indicated 35 MPG all day long. Boosting alot will bring my tank average to 31mpg. I haven't noticed a MPG difference from stock to stage 3 UNLESS I get on it. I have Injen intake, catless 2JR DP to Cobb C(less)BE and Levels FMIC.
    JPST likes this.
  5. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

I'm running full stage two all Cobb parts and my commute is 50/50 highway, 22 miles each way. I average 29.5 on screen.

It's hard to compare before, because before the parts I babied the car a bit more as it was under 5000 miles and it was also warmer weather. I saw 30-31 mpg.

I'm sure if i went back to that style driving, mpg would be the same.

Always 93 octane.
    JPST likes this.
  6. JPST

JPST New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll defiantly be tuning mine then. I couldn't find any info on MPG and I was scared that it would plummet.
  7. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Cobb stage 2
    Mountune intake and front mount.
    Just logged 23.8 at the pump all city driving. That was mostly with a light foot too!
    Driving 350 hwy miles this week. Will report back-
  8. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

27 mpg highway on stage 2 with above mods. Speeds were 70-75mph.
    Much lower than I expected.
  9. eqc.liu

eqc.liu New Member

Stage 1 and I'm around 26 mpg local. I took a 150 mile road trip which brought my average over 28 but it has since gone back down :(.
  10. Stage 3

city driving only. 26-27 mpg
  11. WestcoastST

WestcoastST Active Member

I drive 70 miles per day, my average speed is listed at 45 mph, and 26-27 mpg. I have a stage 3 tune. Sometimes I run the psuedotune going home from work, but then switch to stage 3 tune at the off ramp. I usually drive it like I stole it though, especially on the street on the way home. 80 mph on the freeway at 3:30 am going to work, and 60 mph average on the way home.
    We're working on an e40 tune. I expect my MPG to drop at least to 23 MPG.
  12. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Cobb stage 2 tune: city 23 hwy 33 - driving like a granny!
    I was running the old stage 2 tune which got worse gas mileage but midrange power felt stronger.