Colder spark plugs

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by RDgolfer, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger New Member

This is why I stick to just one forum, lol. It's amazing that my situation was brought up in this thread though, kinda funny :). I'm JPGC in another forum btw.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

Yeah, RDgolfer seems intent on trying to make this a Mountune/FreekTune battle/debate as he's tried instigating it in a couple of different ways and the admin don't seem to have a problem with how be acts as a whole. You can probably attest to me giving the same advice (discussing it with your tuner) as I gave golfer in my first response here. This has nothing to do with tuner-wars, it's about accurately assessing a problem in order to come to a solution as opposed to just throwing random parts at it in the hopes of getting lucky.

Definitely starting to agree with the 'one forum' thought, though that forum has frustrated me with the constant story-telling and previous arguments based on the foundation of 'I don't have to show data because I'm not going to sell to you' mentality. A lot of my feed just feels like a constant sales-pitch.

Anyways, I don't subscribe to tuner-war mentality. I recommend FreekTune because that's who I chose based on my research/experience, but I also recommend Mountune for those interested in keeping their warranty. Panda, Unleashed, Stratified, etc., all have done good tuners and produce good product. I don't think any tuner has windowed a block on the FiST yet, so it's tough to state that any are 'bad'-at least within this platform.

timboslice and LuvfiestaST like this.
  4. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Bring it bitches...I could care less about your Freakutunes info/posts,,,there is no war, only information...I'm still knocking Randy...so how am I the enemy if I call out RR?

5. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

[​IMG]

6. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

This guy has to be some 14 yr old with no girlfriend posting from his parents aol account. Has to be.

That or a single 37 yr old that is drunk every day, drunk posting. No normally functional human would keep doing this.

7. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I am a drunk 14 year old, I get drunk everyday...want to be my followers on Twitter?

8. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

You guys can't stop just like I can't...let's keep up the hilarity until it is no more...hahaha

9. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I just want to make power...and Randy, I am still knocking...what is up? Dyno, no knocks with Freektune? Razor, in your dissection of the Fiesta ECU and subsequent bespoke self tuning, how do you feel about my knocking issue? Is it the winter gas, or is it the tune? I would like some feedback from this illustrious source of knowledge...or I am buying the 350GT

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  10. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

And btw, the car is pulling like crazy with this cold air...and I am still on the Brickstones...50 foot patches...the tires are like milk duds..I need the all season Michelin Pilot Sports back on in a jiffy...snow and ice are on the horizon over here

11. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

Hi, I really can't manage programming on message boards, RDgolfer; I just don't have enough time. And I'm not on here very much. ;)

I have no emails from you after I have replied to your November 25th email so unless you want to send me some new data to look at I can't really do much. Please feel free to give me a call if you are confused about the data. I'm easy to reach by phone.

Having said that... Please read this and keep it in mind:

You have NO negative spark correction happening. I just looked at the 10 or 11 logs you sent me again back on November 25th. You have NO negative spark correction in the logs. And I can only go off of the data you have sent. Your car is adding up to 6 degrees on the top end of your WOT pulls. So I don't know why you keep saying your car is knocking. Are you understanding what I'm saying here?

12. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

It's as much about attitude as about content. We are receiving a lot of complaints about you. Please dial it back. Consider this an official warning.

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  13. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

You have got to be kidding me. Are you $!&*@$ing serious? Why on earth would I? You really need to get some help.

14. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

Complaints about whom...? If RD then great, cut him loose! If razor, then WTF are you talking about?

I have RD blocked so I don't even see any of his worthless comments.

Firesail likes this.
  15. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

I believe the mod comment was directed at RD's recent stream of complete garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyn085 likes this.
  16. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

As per who I quoted, I was addressing RD.

17. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Oh, sorry I have been a bad member...I will try to be a worthy member of this site...like I have been all along...I have posted many insightful and interesting posts with an eye for others who have questions...IF you think I have not contributed, kick me out...but take into consideration the circumstances on this thread...que sera, sera

18. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

The knocking that is showing up on the AP isn't showing up on your data? That is what I was trying to render from our emailing..you see no knock, the AP is showing knock...just trying to figure out the discrepancy...thanks

19. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Randy, I'll email a new data log to you

20. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

You need to watch actual negative spark correction not the knock counter. Ign Corr Cyl 1-4 is what you need to watch.

21. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Thank you for the response...next question, is the knock counter giving invalid data? What are the high and low limits with the Ignition correction that I should be concerned with? Thanks in advance