Coloured Wheels Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by level42, Jan 21, 2014.

1. level42

level42 Active Member

A while back I decided on getting black wheels for my Fiesta, however, it's becoming quite the norm among Fiesta owners.

I'm humoring the idea of a coloured wheel, though I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them.

What do you guys think? Does this seems stupid and childish?

I got the idea from the ICE 9 FiST

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. frismanis

frismanis Member

4. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I like my matte black 16x7 Rota slipstreams. I might repaint my stock wheels.
  5. level42

level42 Active Member

I like black rims, don't get me wrong, I was just curious to see what colour would look like, but I don't know how I feel, not sure if I like it or not ...
  6. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

I'm all about doing what you like, but green on a red car is a bit too seasonal...

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
  7. level42

level42 Active Member

It's the only colour that goes well without clashing super hard!
    Smokin likes this.
  8. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

I still prefer black, but matte red might look pretty cool. I dig the monochromes...

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
  9. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

That would be my last choice. Color choice is very subjective. I personally went with the Halloween theme: Molten Orange and Matte Black! If you like it, go for it. I do like the 2 spoke orange thing on the blue/black wheels. I might try that.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    graynicolas11, LotusZX3 and Firesail like this.
  10. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

If I were to change the color or my wheels I would just have them powdercoated flat grey or black, colors may be in vogue right now but my preference is something more functional looking. I may go with a set of Rota wheels when I begin autocrossing, and use the stock wheels for snow tires. But if I were to do that, both sets of wheels would be flt black.
    Firesail likes this.
  11. Noah

Noah Member

I love colored wheels, but green on red isn't my favorite combo.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  12. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

gold always looks good, im going gold or bronze in the spring.
  13. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Not childish, but colored wheels are a fad, or thing of the day. I tend to think long term, like what will it look like it 10 years. Many don't seem to plan to keep their cars that long, but I expect this to be the last new car I buy.
  14. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

If you like it, do it. Enjoy your car however you want. It's not permanent.
    SpaceFish likes this.
  15. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Kinda reminds me of Halloween candy :)

My buddy with a Genesis changed his wheel color monthly using Plastidip. Copper, black, yellow...
    BTW, you don't have to mask off the tires. It rubs right off....

Personally, I like the 1/4 pie cut contrasting paint. I plan on doing that in Orange with the matte gray Sparcos...
  16. DayJ

DayJ New Member

I'm having fun with my winter wheels. I'll keep the grey for summer. fiesta.jpg
  17. WScottCross

Opposite the OP colors. Not subtle, is it?
    Firesail likes this.
  18. DayJ

DayJ New Member

I'm an art teacher so I use my winter setup as a good way to teach complementary colors. Might as well have fun with it.
    SpaceFish and CarefreeAZ like this.
  19. WScottCross

Absolutely! If you like it, that's what really matters.
  20. level42

level42 Active Member

It definitely looks a lot better with more green and less orange/red ...
    SpaceFish likes this.
  21. sirhc

sirhc New Member

I'm a fan of black and colored, I debating orange or green with my performance blue. But these are some previous cars[​IMG][​IMG]
    graynicolas11 likes this.