Considering Cobb Accessport for my FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by chalituna, Mar 1, 2014.

1. chalituna

chalituna Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a accessport from rallysportdirect as it's on sale. However, when I went to the Cobb's website, the gain for stage 1 wasn't all that impressive. I know there are a few people who owns the Accessport and I'm trying to see if that extra $500 is worth it.

Please chime in!
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. wash

wash Active Member

It does two important things, it removes the torque limiting in first and second gear and it increases the low end torque by quite a bit.

Peak numbers are not everything, the effect of the tune is quite noticeable every time you drive the car.
    mongoose221 and Irsinn like this.
  4. golfhack

golfhack Member

The torque increase througout the rev range is impressive. I don't think there is a better bang for the buck mod you can do.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  5. scooby2

scooby2 New Member

Its a must upgrade. 1st and 2nd gears are so much better. Order the Cobb AP already. You will not regret it!
  6. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Considering that our short autocross courses mean that I'll be in second for the whole run, I think this is my next upgrade.
  7. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Yep, torque truncation turned off is a huge plus and you really feel the +30lb/ft of torque. Not to mention my highway fuel economy actually improved running Stage I 91.

You can see my review of the AccessPort here:
  8. chalituna

chalituna Member

Thanks guys, I got something awesome in the mail today :)

mongoose221, COBB and BlueBomber like this.
  9. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

awww yeah.
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Looks familiar;)
  11. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

What is the opinion on this voiding warranty / lease agreements? Think it would be caught if used?
  12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club.

13. Irsinn

Irsinn New Member

Installed mine today... Running the 91 map, fattens up the mid-range torque, very impressed so far.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  14. TheTruthHurts78

TheTruthHurts78 New Member

Purchased and installed the Cobb Stage 1 (Accessport + Filter). I couldn't believe how much smaller the new filter was in comparison to the old.

Took her for a test drive last night. Holy crap sooooo much fun. The added speed in 1st and 2nd is awesome. Great investment!

Any news on when Stage 2 might be released for the FiST?
  15. wash

wash Active Member

Cobb will be releasing at least one part later this month.

Their stage 2 usually includes an intake, intercooler and cat-back exhaust with tune, I think it will be a while before all the parts are ready.
  16. __V__

__V__ Member

17. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Question: Those of you with the Cobb, what does it do to the 6500 rpm rev limiter on OEM?

Is there a rev limit/max rev with the Stage 1 91 or 93? Curious as to what will happen at 6500 in second on an autocross course...
    On my OEM it goes WHOA there boy!!!
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

7k rpm rev limit with the AP I have yet to find it and I have been watching.. Much better than stock as I hit the rev limiter on the way out of the dealer the day I picked up my car LOL I was looking sharp there too :)
  19. Jeff

Jeff New Member

its a soft cut limiter
  20. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I found it today on a back road in second. Got a nice pop from the exhaust when I came off the throttle. This car is SO much fun!
    RodMoe and Firesail like this.
  21. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

Finally got mine (used from another fiesta forum member). Installed quick. Haven't really noticed a night and day diff. However I seem to have to shift out of first/second sooner as the revs climb up quicker. stage 1 91oct, stock filter. I only have 1100miles on my car so far so time will tell after it relearns.