Crickets anyone? (Engine sound)

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by HardcoreFiSTing, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

That's the made up word i was looking for: symposer. Mine makes more nose with the intake now... Could have a leak?

Maybe check all the hose clamps on all the charge tubes. They have been known to not be the tightest from the factory. They are made in Mexico... Just sayin!

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. HardcoreFiSTing

HardcoreFiSTing New Member

I'll give it a look.

I wonder if the drop in filter makes any change in sound. My wife loved the BOV type sound that a modded FoST we drove made. Wants her FiST to do the same.

4. HardcoreFiSTing

Watching some videos, I think it's just the way these cars sound.

5. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

My wife just likes to roll her eyes at me and make a BOV sound.

6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Most probable. If there was a real issue, a code would throw the engine light on.

7. HardcoreFiSTing

No engine lights. I did check the codes and I think the "NONE" as I cycle through and lack of a CEL indicates I have no codes.

8. EcoBeast

EcoBeast Member

There is an immense discussion on cricket sounds in the FRS/BRZ forums. Over there it has to do with the fuel pump and certain grades of gas making the pump more/less noisy.

I have not noticed anything on my FiST but the fuel pump maybe a potential source for the noise you are hearing.

9. HardcoreFiSTing

I actually saw the BRZ/FRS stuff when searching. I think it's nothing, until it loses power or outright breaks, screw it, it's under warranty.

10. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

People are hearing it with the 1.0 ecoboost engine too, probably the DI fuel system. Like others have said, unless you get a dummy light or lose power or catch fire, I wouldn't worry.

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.

11. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Fuel pump, loose clamps on charge pipes...possible...not that this applies, but I got my wheels balanced and aligned the car... and both were way out of spec...be warned, the car does not come out of Meheeko like a polished diamond

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  12. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Yeah, a definite FYI...get your ride, and check your ride...you paid for it, will pay for it, so you need to realize, no cares more about your Ford Fiesta ST than you do....trust nobody...be your own boss and stick to your guns if you have a warranty issue...trust your gut, ears, and eyes...I prefer to handle little things myself because the STealerships could make any problem worser...remember, the Stealership is not FORD! They are an independent entity...just saying...individual experiences may differ...whatever..

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  13. HardcoreFiSTing

I wouldn't be surprised if my alignment was out. This thing eats front tires at an insane rate for something that doesn't spend much time spinning them.

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Well, the threadwear on the stock tires is only 140. This evening i listened to my car in idle. Sounded like a few bushmen from "The Gods Must Be Crazy".

15. HardcoreFiSTing

I never bothered to look at the UTQG rating, but if these are 140 UTQG, they have to be the least grippy thing under 200 I've ever experienced..... They definitely wear fast for something with such an uncompetitive amount of grip.

16. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Again, your FiST is not coming to you perfect