Crime wave

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by RDgolfer, Oct 18, 2014.

1. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

RS's and ST's being stolen by the hundreds in the UK through the OBD port, overiding any and all Ford anti-theft mechanisms. I wonder if Cobb knows about this, even though the Acessport is invalid in the Uk?... but I am curious of what we have to say here in the homeland...Is Cobb's anti-theft mode good enough? Viper is battling this crime wave with their anti-theft system, which immobilizes the car regardless of the where the fob is. I'll post this in Cobb's site as well.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. MojaveGreen

MojaveGreen New Member

Source?

timboslice likes this.
  4. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

I think you mean OBD port, not USB port.

5. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Stolen by the hundreds? Source? It sounds a little sensationalist as the UK only imports around 1-2 thousand FiSTs per year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

OBD is correct...American cocktail hour can corrupt facts

7. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Look it up! I'm not your mommy....

8. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Thanks for the mature response. Typically, when you present a claim or argument, you back it up with a source or evidence..

Anyways, OBD hacking and car theft has been going on for a few years. It's not anything new. High end Mercedes and BMWs have been susceptible to this for a long time. I believe it coincides with more sophisticated engine ECUs and electronics.

Again, I would hardly call this a "crime wave".

9. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I'm still not your mommy thank gods...but anyway I was being light hearted with a touch of funny, so maybe a little chillaxing might be in order t-slice;)

10. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Not a crime wave in the States for sure...the reason for this post is that cars are being stolen, and I don't want my car stolen...get it?

11. Gpfarrell

Gpfarrell Member

Gotta admit I missed the touch of funny, glad it was at least intended.

12. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Obviously I am not his mother...and I don't know how post a link...and that is funny all by itself...so please stop being so sensitive...my gods! sighing...

13. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Forget funny, the whole point of my offering is to find out how not to have OBD hackers steal my car, and how to prevent itl!!! feel the faux anger and over respond to it please

14. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Funny?!??!?!?

Funny, is trying to imagine these people stealing my car: