De-badging?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by moshaholic2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Anyone else plan on doing it?

I'm not planning on taking the ST logo off... but will take the Fiesta logo off.

Also, may switch the "ST" to the right hand side as that is where its located on all the other "ST"'s around the world (why is ours the opposite?)

Owners of the current Fiesta, have you taken your logos off? Was it easy? On the MK1 Focus it was just a simple hair dryer and peel off. Hoping it's the same here. As some manufacturers seemed to have switched to some super crazy adhesive that can lift the paint. Both my wifes VW and a friends new WRX both lifted paint off in a small spot when the the badges were removed.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

I debadged my first 11, heat and peel works great. Some quick detailer to remove the residue. Easy.

4. eRic

eRic Active Member

[​IMG]
    I removed the "SES" from my Fiesta using dental floss and WD-40 and will probably remove the "ST" from my Fiesta ST hatch.

captainmorbid likes this.
  5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

hmmmm sleeper mode eh eRic ??:suspicious:

6. Steve

Steve New Member

Was thinking about removing the "esta" from the Fiesta badge and moving the ST over and making a "FiST" badge. Gotta check out how those badges will fit together and if it will look decent or not though.

If that doesn't look right then maybe just taking the Fiesta badge and removing the e and a to make a Fist badge from it. For some reason I just don't want "Fiesta" on my car. lol

7. Fiesta logo looks bushleague and goofy. Get that **** off tge ST

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

LotusZX3 likes this.
  8. moshaholic2

For sure. This is how it looks everywhere else. Why it has "Fiesta" and "ST" (on the wrong side too) for the US version is just weird.

[​IMG]

RodMoe likes this.
  9. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Ummm, maybe the ST logo goes on the driver's side???

10. moshaholic2

Ummm, they drive on the right side in Germany? News to me.

11. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I think the main reason the ST badge is on the left in th US is that the current Fiesta badge, because of its right-leaning slant, doesn't fit well on the left side. Also, it avoids confusion with the Focus ST which does not have the Focus emblem on the rear (although I have seen a picture of a Focus ST with a Focus badge added to the left, I assume by the owner/dealer/factory/mistake?). I think it looks cleaner with the badges off or just the ST (right side preferred to mimic the Focus ST). I'm also debating removing the front ST badge as well, depending on the mounting arrangement.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  12. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

The US Focus ST does include the Focus badge on the left side.

I believe it's in the UK that both models come only with an ST badge.

Smokin likes this.
  13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I did not know that ... [​IMG]

14. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Oddly enough, the Fiesta is the only Ford car in the US with the model name on the right. Focus, Fusion, Taurus, C-Max, Escape, Edge, F-Series, E-Series, and Transit are all wearing their name on the left. Flex and Explorer (and to an extent, the Mustang) are centered.

15. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Interestingly enough, the first 2/3 ST's I saw/drove in Milwaukee did not have a Focus badge. However, everyone I've seen since then does.

Also, due to the slant of the lettering, the appearance of ST emblem on the Focus flows better on the right, given the shape of the hatch.

Another debadging question: Is the front ST badge easily removed from behind?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  16. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

image.jpg

17. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Haven't removed the badges from my '11 SES, but I would like to remove all the badges from my yet to arrive FiST! Make it a real sleeper.:mischievous:

18. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

You're more than welcome to swap bumpers with me, that way your ST will look totally ordinary :)

19. Paul

Paul Member

I just debadged the "Fiesta" logo off of mine. It's actually the first time I had ever done it and got some tips from a colleague of mine. It took 15 min (more or less). No hassle at all and looks super clean.

[​IMG]

LotusZX3, brian, bryramos and 2 others like this.
  20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

IT does look really clean and nice that way I may have to give it a try :)

21. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

I'll debadge mine when I take delivery