De-badging?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by moshaholic2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

wtb MP215 kit. sigh.

moshaholic2 likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

where did you get the badge?

4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

5. Noah

Noah Member

You live in Wisconsin but came all the way to Cleveland to get yours?

6. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Please tell me you didn't buy a Mountune badge without any Mountune parts? :suspicious:

lill2012 likes this.
  7. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

On their way...from UK to LA first...hopefully before switching out wheels for colder temps. Makes one wish he lived in SoCal to be ahead of the game like D1JL: http://www.4dsonly.com/ST-Gallery.htm

My mods include (following his pictures left to right, top to bottom: mountune shift knob and gaiter (similar to Focus ST, N/A yet), ECS Tuning shorter VW antenna (installed), auto-dimming mirror (dealer said no fit, got to talk to D1JL), Ford Power button (have to order from somewhere), mountune short shifter (on order list), mountune air box (on order list),
    rebadge (completed), mountune winglets (on order list), TB Performance stage 1 front crossmember/center I braces (have them on my SES but I may keep them there and get another set). Also, mountune front lip and yellow mirror caps (Ken Anderson told me he'll be checking proper fit). I would also like to check out the mTune/COBB accessport if it gets to the States.

A lot of my thinking is similar to his although I'm just using mine as a DD to drop off wife/kids at work/school or go to the coffee shop.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  8. DirtyBlueshirt

The COBB AccessPort is available now.

EU still has different mirror caps. Their mirrors are shaped different because they have an integrated blind spot mirror. We have a separate one due to US regs.

I wouldn't have added the badge until you actually had parts on the car.

9. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

It's really kind of academic, isn't it?

10. DirtyBlueshirt

No, it's really kind of posing.

11. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

The parts are in the mail. It's as harmless as wearing a Class of 2013 shirt two weeks before graduation.

Lighten up.

Smokin likes this.
  12. DirtyBlueshirt

No.

13. Noah

Noah Member

99% of people won't know or care so is it really posing? Posing would be like putting a Shelby badge or something.

14. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

You must be fun at parties.

15. DirtyBlueshirt

Let me put it this way. The Mountune Performance badge is only given to customers who have TUNING completed by Mountune, not by parts-only customers. This would be the same as me adding an ST badge to my Titanium just because I bought the ST Steering Wheel and Recaro Seats. It's not a Mountune-tuned car and for the near foreseeable future won't be since Mountune has no current tuning options in the US.

16. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

That's a fair point, but you're not entirely correct about Mountune. They've targeted late October for the MP215 tuning kit in the US.

17. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Customer #8.
    Thank you for placing your order. Your order number is 13.

18. DirtyBlueshirt

The Mountune Performance badge is only given to customers who have TUNING completed by Mountune, not by parts-only customers.

19. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Might as well put a Ferrari badge on there, am I right?

20. LotusZX3

LotusZX3 Member

Took mine off today with it being much easier than i anticipated thanks to Paul.

[​IMG]

Paul likes this.
  21. wash

wash Active Member

I'm torn on badging.

I give Ford credit for making the car and its an ST, I'll be keeping that.

If I was going to buy a Mountune package and be done with it, that badge would be appropriate. If I was going to wait for COBB to make staged packages, that badge or sticker would be right.

I don't think either of those options are going to take the car far enough for me so no badges but I'll have parts from both companies.

I might go with a sticker from a local race shop that will help me with installs and setup.

Any way I would much rather see an ST with no stickers and badges go fast than a stickered up ST going slow.

Firesail likes this.