De-badging?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Exterior Upgrades' started by moshaholic2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. eRic

eRic Active Member

I stuck a "SVT" badge on my Fiesta when I got SVT wheels for my Fiesta but removed it. Now it is in the drawer with the "SES" that I removed and the "ST" badge from my Fiesta ST.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Blinkrz

Blinkrz Member

Debadged my Fiesta emblem yesterday and used an citrus based adhesive remover from Turtle Wax. I've used TW's products before and have been pleasantly surprised, get the desired results.

After doing so, I took the car to get hand washed and had that area waxed, just incase the adhesive remover removed the wax the dealer put on it before I took delivery of the ST.

It was lil bit of work to remove the adhesive after the badge came off, but all went well and its gone. in the right direction with the light hitting the area where the badge was, just right...you can seen a very light outline of the word Fiesta, otherwise unless you're looking for that, you won't see it.

Happy with the result, car looks so clean...the way it did with the pre-production pics I looked at for months and months lol

4. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I didn't debadge, but I didn't like the red ST logo on the MO paint. So I made it stand out a little more and now it fits with my Black and Orange scheme. I know some of you don't care for Plastidip, but it works for me.
    [​IMG]

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  5. ertzog

ertzog New Member

Took both off the rear, first day home.

I would take off the front st, but it looks like the grill has a solid st portion behind it.

Thinking about spraying it black.

Firesail likes this.
  6. takuarc

takuarc Member

Got my self a pair of ecoboost fender emblems and a genuine ecoboost rear emblem. Should add about 50hp each lol..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

Not Debadged but just changed it up a bit...

[​IMG]

CGv2 likes this.
  8. MonsterST

MonsterST Member

I'm down with that :thumbsup: A mountune ST it's like a Saleen, or Roush Mustang!

9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

So, not sure if this would work, but I used a big sharpie marker to black out the white "HELLA" badge on the 4 Hella Fog/Driving light stone gaurds that I had on my mini...to my surprise it covered really well and stayed on.

10. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

You didn't find it to turn that faded purple color?

11. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

That is what I thought it would do...but it didn't. if you are going to paint it, it maybe worth trying.

12. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Ford ST

Attached Files:

Firesail and Lopshaw like this.
  13. x-wrx

x-wrx New Member

I get delivery of my black FiST today! Will be totally debadging the back as soon as it warms up.

14. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Debadged mine yesterday. Very easy and quick process with a heat gun and dental floss. Will post pictures soon.

Firesail likes this.
  15. svt3d

svt3d Member

did mine super easy and looks way better. A little floss some spray detailer and elbow grease.

16. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Picked up a $25 heat gun, some glass cleaner and dental floss:
    [​IMG]
    Used the heat gun on its low setting (300 degrees C), kept it maybe 10cm away from the badge:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By touch, tested to make sure neither the car nor badge got too hot. As it softened up I was able to slide the floss underneath the badge and the adhesive:
    [​IMG]
    The part where the "F" connects with the "i" is a weak point - heating it up made it a little pliable. This could break if you bend it too far or try and move it around after it cools:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After the badge was off, the adhesive was left:
    [​IMG]
    Used some heat gun to loosen the glue, and once you get an edge up, the rest peels quite easily:
    [​IMG]
    Voila! Simple.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ordered a black and silver ST badge, but it is smaller than stock. Don't think I'll make the switch.

[​IMG]

Zormecteon likes this.
  17. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Isopropyl Alcohol or Goo-Gone would have made removing the adhesive much quicker than glass cleaner. Generally I'd also say the heat gun wouldn't be necessary; but since you're in a colder climate it was probably a good idea. Good job overall!

TapTapPull likes this.
  18. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

You're right about the glass cleaner. I went to two auto parts stores in town asking for "an adhesive remover like goo-gone," and neither had anything in stock. Was picking up glass cleaner anyway, and a staff member said that might work. It did work for the most part, but now I see that dust from driving around is settling over the area in a ghosted "Fiesta" shape. I need to wipe the area down better with another solution, most likely one of the two you've mentioned.

19. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I just used a hair dryer, fishing line and goo gone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

20. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Saw a Black ST in High Park Toronto today with the ST logo on the right.. Just might have to switch mine from left to right..;)

21. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Because right is... um, right. :beaver:

LuvfiestaST likes this.