Direzza Z II's

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Road Racing' started by Smokin, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Nik17

Nik17 Member

Which is a bummer since I was hoping to squeeze a 25" tire under the fender.

What are you going to do with yours since they rub?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I only saw it 3 hours ago, so I'm not sure. I may try to sell them since I only have about 7 runs on them.

4. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

If you look back in the thread history you'll see that there is no way a 25" tire will fit with autocross type driving. That went back to BRGT350 last summer when he tried his Focus treads...

5. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

That's probably a good starting point but Andy Hollis wrote in GRM that there was a slick spot at 36 psi in the Direzza's on his test Honda. Above or below 36 psi worked better on the skidpad.

6. Nik17

Nik17 Member

But it seems a 24.7" tire does fit without rubbing, which seems pretty odd to me. That 24.7" must be extremely close to rubbing

7. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

There has to be a size that will fit and a size that won't...I would guess it is within .3 inches of rubbing.

I saw that article in GRM and thought it was funny that there was a slick spot at 36 lbs...maybe the trick tp getting the car to rotate is to put the rears at 36 lbs and the fronts at above or below that.

8. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Our car might be different (though I see the FWD/weight similarity). I really didn't feel anything resembling a slick spot on my car at the track. I liked those pressures and plan to use them again. He's talking autox, and you probably gain a lot less air pressure. On my first lap, I'm already over 36 PSI. I can see less pressure, but not much more (to start).

Anyhow, I'm only going to run one more track day with these DZ2s. Maybe they'll be my new "street tire". :)

9. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Does anyone remember the tread/section width and diameter of 225/45/16 z11's? My old brain has forgotten:) Tire rack isn't showing that size anymore and I'm exploring other options.