Do you have a blue gas pedal?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by reddog99, Aug 3, 2014.

1. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Yesterday, I had my head buried under the dash while I was vacuuming the carpet and noticed that the gas pedal had a bluish cast to it. While I was pondering on why Ford had made the pedal look that way, I saw that the edge of the pedal had a piece of plastic sticking from the edge. When I picked at it, the whole piece of plastic peeled away from the pedal, leaving a virgin new surface!

Apparently, it's just some protective covering that the dealer missed removing when the car was new. It had been there for 10 months before I noticed it. :rolleyes:
    Bavarian and rcl4668 like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

yup mine made it about 6 mo. till I posted a pick on my dead pedal and someone pointed it out to me and I pulled it off :)
    mysticfac3 likes this.
  4. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

The automotive equivalent of plastic furniture covers.:)
    Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  5. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

i did ;)

on almost every fist video review it is still there... the recent TFL review comes to mind with the blue pedal
    RodMoe likes this.
  6. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I first saw it after a couple of months or so when I was trying to figure out what to do about the lack of a dead pedal. Then, I thought I'd leave it alone for awhile...after 11 months, I figured it was time to get the shiny look and peeled it off. Didn't come off real easy by the way.
  7. eRic

eRic Active Member

I removed the blue film upon delivery however I have noticed it on several Fiesta ST in reviews online. There was also a piece on the engine cover where it says "ST".
  8. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Removed it the day I bought it. Lots of manufacturers do it.
  9. jimlau

jimlau Member

I was embarrassed when I noticed mine on there after ~7 months of ownership and 8k miles. Pulled it off the moment I realized it was there!