Do you have a VIN yet?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Be prepared to wait took two months to get mine and 4 months for delivery. It's worth the wait though trust me.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Hmm seems strange usually everyone got theirs within a month and we still don't have one keep me updated if you have any other news

4. OLST

OLST New Member

I bet yours will pop up by the end of next week.

5. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I ordered mine about the same time. Sept, 24, The Sales guy has been in tough with the Regional guy and he hopes for a build date by the end of the week. I was hoping to have the car by Thanksgiving, but now it looks more like a Christmas arrival, or so

6. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Sales rep said i should recieve a VIN next week let me know of you get yours

7. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Nothing yet... It's good to know that it's not just me, but that the whole build line is slow...

8. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Just got a VIN! Thanks to Meagan

OLST and RodMoe like this.
  9. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Not an hour after I heard from you, I heard from my dealer. I hadn't been asking for a VIN, only a build date, and I got that. Mine is scheduled to be built the week of the Nov, 25th. Should be here in time for Christmas, or the New Year. I can go ahead and order my wheels and tires from Tire Rack now. I'll be putting on some Motegi 125s in gray (I've ordered a silver car) shod with Michelin Pilot Sport A3s.

Smokin likes this.
  10. OLST

OLST New Member

Congrats! I've got my build date as well, it's on Dec 2nd. I hope I can get the car before Christmas, but it seems unlikely.

I was also wondering if I should get high performance all seasons like the Pilot Sport A3s or go for dedicated sets of winter/summer tires. Where I live has very mild winters. I'm guessing high performance all seasons should be OK in light snow conditions.

11. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Man what a bummer I was hoping to be driving my car by the end of the year or christmas,Given how late I got my VIN that probably wont happen

12. BPM

BPM New Member

Got an update on mine: got a VIN, it was built on Nov. 5 and is scheduled to be here the last week of November. Woo-hoo!

Smokin and OxWhiteFiST92 like this.
  13. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

We have mild winters in Western Washington State as well, but the tires that come on the FiST are HP Summer ONLY. I've driven such tires in VERY light snow and let me tell you, there is NO traction, NO braking. I crashed.
    My thought is to go with All Season, HP, and either save the original rubber for next summer, OR save it with all paper work for when the car is sold, 20 years or so from now. After all, how many used cars come up for auction with the original wheels and tires in perfect condition?

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Well, got my ETTX #, and an ETA of Nov. 29th according to the last update. The date of the status was Oct 29th though.
    And said the Railcar was located in Kansas City at the time.

Called the number someone else posted, and tracked the rail car #.

Currently located in Seattle! Arrived there yesterday, at 4:13am.

I wish they would just let me drive and pick it up myself, I could be there in a few hours.

At any rate, Nov 29th sounds much better than Dec 25th. But I don't know why it would take 2 weeks to get from Seattle to Vancouver. Torture.

Tried getting pricing on some winters & steelies @ the dealer, but the dealer insisted on arguing that the FiST can't use steelies.... Because ST's have to use special metal alloy wheels that are specific to the ST which ford sends them....... *face palm*

So looks like I'll be ordering mine online, and ASAP so that they arrive on time.

OLST likes this.
  15. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

It took about 3 days to get to my dealer after the train passed through the state. Dealer is located about 2 hours from the rail yard.

I *think* they sit there till there is enough cars sitting there to fill the delivery truck.

16. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

That's exactly what they do. Mine sat in Spokane for about a week before the transport truck delivered it in Kelowna.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Car arrived here in BC today. Might actually see it pretty damn soon!

Mikeygti likes this.
  18. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Train passed by 5 mins from my house... 4am this morning, And I no sign of it at the dealer yet. Ahh... The final stretch is the worst.
    Worse yet, the train yard it is supposedly at, is pretty much right beside the dealership.....

19. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Hang in there man atleast you 're getting yours any minute.

20. OLST

OLST New Member

Congrats! You'll be enjoying your new car soon!

Update: I've got an ETA of January 20th :mad: with build date in first week of December. My order has been painfully slow.

21. Pijun

Pijun New Member

When did you order your car. For me it's been almost 2 months and no information yet. Getting really antsy.