Do you have a VIN yet?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

TTP I wonder if your car might be off loaded on the Okanagan by mistake.?!?
    Lol

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I'd drive all night to pick it up there if that happened. Don't you even think about snaking my order! ;)

4. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I wouldn't DREAM of it ! The very least I could do for you is a pre-delivery test drive :woot:

5. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

That's real considerate of you, but my deposit is meant to ensure that no one other than myself is the first test driver. But I'm a generous guy, so we can talk about it if we have to cross that bridge! :happy:

6. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

We found it odd as well, especially considering how many early build date vehicles have apparently already shipped. Seems weird that ours with a June 14 build date is yet to be shipped. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with it lol. Espescially since no one, including Meagan would/could tell us what our secondary status means. Meagan has been great for getting back to us for status updates, but it's getting frustrating to keep hearing that it's still awaiting shipment. I'm going to call my salesperson tomorrow and see if there's anyone at Ford that can give them more info if it still hasn't shipped by then.

7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Does it maybe have to do with the fact they are Canadian orders? Canada has different laws than the states in terms of bumpers, license plates etc. I'm no expert tho. It just seems no Canadian orders are shipped yet. Mine is still in order processing with priority 1 as of today.

8. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I just realized TapTapPull has an ETA... There goes my theory...

TapTapPull likes this.
  9. Removed

Removed Guest

Retail or stock order? It helps if you guys specify, since retail orders (AFAIK) aren't being built yet, although Rodmoe has a VIN...

10. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

175-day wait sounds like a retail order to me.

11. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Got my VIN today from my dealer 3FADP4GX3EM147642. Build date Sept 5. Delivery Oct 8-15.

12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Kool but my VIN is bigger than yours 3FADP4GX0EM148053 :eek: hence my projected build week of Sept 9 by my dealer buddy ... No ETA or window sticker yet but it's early. Base on your ETA I should have mine late Oct. if all goes well..

ronnie karlen likes this.
  13. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

Yah, mine is a retail order. To bad at the time my dealer didn't tell me the difference between stock and retail orders ! Rodmoe ordered like 4 days before me !

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

My dealer did tell me and offered to swap orders but I thought I want this car this way so ill wait for mine as I look back I was thinking ill let them work any kinks out of the line first then they can build mine. So with the whole wheel delay it worked out ok I guess since not many parts will be really available for tuning till spring really with lead times and all. So that gives me the winter to break in the car for the late winter/spring time mods to go on for the coming season of cone crunching ...

15. Removed

Removed Guest

Well, here's hoping I get a VIN soon then. Meagan said to check back early September, but I'm hoping to get one before then. A VIN in September means November delivery, I'd at least like to drive the car before having to put snow tires on...

16. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Getting a vin # and build date doesn't eaxactly mean the end of your wait. My car was built July 20th, and still is "awaiting shipment"
    I know others have had to wait 5 weeks or longer before shipment even after the build.

17. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

10 weeks tomorrow since our build date on our dealer order and it hasn't shipped yet. That is much, much slower than I would have ever thought possible.

18. Removed

Removed Guest

Well, I'm not going to wait forever. If the car isn't here by Thanksgiving, I'm out.

19. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I agree! I don't care about waiting but if it isn't here by Thanksgiving then I am buying a Civic SI and throwing a turbo on it :)

20. wash

wash Active Member

What I don't like is that they know how to build it and they know its a runaway success in Europe but they are pumping out standard model 2014 Fiestas instead.

If there were no 2014s to be had I might understand but every 2014 that's been sitting on a lot for a month is one ST they could have already delivered.

I will have mine soon hopefully but I will never say anything good about the delivery time.

If you are listening Ford, manufacture your halo cars first. Get the 1.0 released too, it will show people that Ecoboost is about economy as well as performance when it drives better than a base 1.6 and gets better mileage too.

21. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Just got my VIN today! Being built the first week of September. :D