Do you have a VIN yet?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

September 2015 ?
    Kidding..congrats...:)

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Removed

Removed Guest

Hah... Hopefully production picks up. Come on Ford!

4. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

My dealer told me there are no delays in production and everything is going. As scheduled.

5. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Excellent. But then there's the "awaiting shipment" part. Mine was built July 20 and is still sitting there. Others have been built prior to that and same thing

ronnie karlen likes this.
  6. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Most dealers won't tell you they are delayed because they want to make a sale. Did u just order it? Mine was ordered a month ago and there is 0 info about it. No rush for me though can't wait till you guys start posting pics and videos of yours.

7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I put the down payment and orderd mid July. They have no reason to lie. In fact the sooner is comes the better for them because I traded my current car and singed the deal based on the price they gave me. The more km I put on while we wait the worse for resale it is for them.

8. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

Your dealer may not be lying, but I don't really think they have any more info than we do to be honest regarding order delays etc. All they can see is current status, other than that they don't really have any info. If they did, they could give those of us who have been sitting at awaiting shipment for weeks on cars built months ago some idea when we can expect them. My dealer has been very honest saying this is what the status is now, anything else is just a guess untill it's actually in transit. By the sounds of it, a lot of dealers are just telling customers what they want to hear.

9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I've checked with Meagan at Ford Service and she has checked with her contacts and no one has heard of any delays. She also said the dealer would be the best contact anyway. Now is everyone lying? Possibly.

10. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

got my vin today :)

early to mid sept built date

11. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Congrats what was your order date ?

12. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

7/16 I didnt super early preorder as I wanted to see the real final specs of the car

13. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Nice mine was ordered 7/24 getting close :)

14. Removed

Removed Guest

I should be soon then, I ordered 6/27. Might be the allocation stuff that's holding mine up, since I assume yours was a retail order.

15. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

I just caught wind when I called my dealer it's on a rail car and should be in around the second week of September! I hope they are right!

ronnie karlen likes this.
  16. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Today I got my window sticker! Another milestone.

17. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

GREAT NEWS TODAY!!!!!! My dealer emailed me my vin #!!!!!! :) ordered 7/24...vin# 8/31.....Things must be picking up at the factory (and I ordered upgraded wheels)

RodMoe likes this.
  18. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Congrats to everyone receiving promising info. It won't be long until we're all behind the wheel.

19. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

My build date when I look it up on Fordetis says 30.11.0002......hope that doesn't mean November 30th lol

20. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

From the looks of things, I am the only one (at least on this forum) that lost out on the Painted Wheel Option. :(
    I am not overly concerned as I met with the owner of the dealership on Thursday.
    Some of you may know that my dealer is Galpin Ford, the largest volume Ford dealer in the world.
    They also own Galpin Auto Sport, that hosted Pimp My Ride on TV for a while.
    Well I was told that the Painted Calipers would be taken care of.
    In addition I would be given a killer deal on a set of wheels so that the upgrade would cost me no more than the original option itself.

Dave :D

TapTapPull likes this.
  21. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You will be able to view your Window Sticker soon.
    Your dealer will be the first to give you the build date when it is available.
    ETIS updated two days after the build date for me.
    Then Three days after that all of the car details were updated.

Things will be moving quickly now.

Dave