Do you have a VIN yet?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Well mine actually just arrived at the dealer Today!!
    Gotta arrange a time to pick up now.
    Ordered July 17, got vin Aug 26, Built Sept 18, Shipped Sept 25, Arrived Oct 9.
    OxWhiteFiST92 and RodMoe like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I think now things should be moving along better as the Dealer cars have shipped and they are building ordered car more now so. Once you get a Vin it will go fast.. well Faster than mine anyway... read somewhere its like 10-12 weeks from order to delivery but that's always subject to change....
    ronnie karlen and OxWhiteFiST92 like this.
  4. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Mine took 13 weeks from order to delivery.
  5. Removed

Removed Guest

Mine took 15. But, I ordered it in June.
  6. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I've had my car almost a month and still don't have a Title number. :/
  7. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Ordered - Aug. 23rd
    VIN received - Sept. 27th
    Build date - Oct. 21st
    ETA (Tentative) - Dec. 25th

Seems a bit long... Later than I was hoping, but we'll see how things go. That would work out to be double the time that was estimated when I ordered.

I suppose in this case... Yes.. Yes I am waiting for Christmas! :cool:
    RodMoe likes this.
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Dang 2 months in shipping and I thought I had shipping issues !
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  9. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Thanks for the updates guys! Really helped when I should expect a VIN (late this month) I was getting pretty anxious lol
  10. TWDM

TWDM Member

I think there is an issue with their ETA system. They told me ETA of Dec prior as well to the build date eventhough the car ended up being built on Oct 1st. We'll see when it gets here how long it takes to ship to BC.
  11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

FYI ;) I live in BC and my car was shipped Sept 4 and arrived in Kelowna Sept 27th. Oh and build date was July 20th. Seemed forever from when it was built to when it was actually shipped :mad:
    RodMoe likes this.
  12. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Update on my Update:

Ordered - Aug. 23rd
    VIN received - Sept. 27th
    Build date - Oct. 21st
    ETA - Source #1 says, Nov. 22nd (Or week of) Source #2 says, Dec. 25th (Tentative).

Not sure why my sources have different information, but I have 3 people.. 2 Are in agreement, one has completely different info.
    As neat of a Christmas present that it would be, I am crossing my fingers for the month sooner alternative.
  13. OLST

OLST New Member

What sources do you use Mayhem?

I ordered my car Sept 22nd, no update on VIN. My dealer told me the build date will most likely be in November and delivery late December. He was telling me there's an allocation issue here in BC.
  14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I got my info from one of the managers @ my dealer (sales guy is pretty useless), from Meagan over on the FiestaFaction forum, and from a fellow Raptor owner who helps out on the Raptor forums and I assume works for Ford or a dealership.

I have noticed there is often at least one person lurking around any given Ford product based fan forum.... who works in some level of customer service @ ford, and is happy to help with updates.

Rumor has it, you can also seek help on the facebook Ford pages from one of the service reps there... Or just call customer service.

That said, I used my dealer up until I got a VIN #... then I used that to get help from all the other sources... I am not sure what information you'd need for them to help you without your VIN #. Waiting for a VIN was the toughest wait for me... After that it gets easier.

As for the "allocation issue" in BC.... Sounds like the typical salesguy BS to keep you sedated :p To be fair, in BC at least I doubt you'll find many sales guys who aren't like that. I don't think they can help themselves. They'll say what they gotta say to get your order and keep you from going elsewhere.

I am unaware of any special "allocation issues" locally... But there is technically an issue everyone has... which is that each dealer only gets a specific # of allocations... This is partially based on their sales performance I believe and the volume of product they move... And also that... they have to wait until the next batch to get new allocations after they've received theirs.. So your dealer probably has the allocation issue of.... They've already either sold an allocation or used it up on an ST for the show room.. (Pretty much every dealer locally that I've met with, used their first allocation for a showroom car). In fact I think there are 3 dealers right now with an ST sitting on their lot. 2 are on craigslist. (One is my dealer). (One is my previous dealer).

If you ordered Sept 22nd... And it was a fresh retail order... My guess is that you are going to be waiting until at least sometime between the 24th and the end of this month to get a VIN# unless your dealer gave you an already ordered allocation and just changed the options for you....

But yeah, I wouldn't worry much until the end of the month. I don't think the BC dealers are quite as big as a lot of the Ontario, or US one's that seem to get quicker results.

Also, are you aware if you are in a queue/wait list of orders? Or are you their next order up?

Anyway, given the time frame.. End of December sounds pretty realistic. It'll be easier to estimate when you get a VIN# assigned.

I'm no expert though, so that's just my random 2 cents based on what I've seen so far.
    OLST likes this.
  15. OLST

OLST New Member

Thanks for the info Mayhem.

Is it possible for the dealer to accurately know when the build date is when the VIN is still pending?
  16. TWDM

TWDM Member

I don't believe they can know until you get your VIN.
  17. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I don't think so. They can guess, but I agree with TWDM.

A VIN will be assigned before a build date... As it really isn't until a VIN is assigned that the car is "guaranteed to be built" by Ford. They could give you a rough estimate based on previous orders etc..
  18. OLST

OLST New Member

My dealer gave me a build date estimate of end of this month. I highly doubt that would be the case because the VIN has not been assigned. I do hope the estimate is correct though :)
  19. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

I let you know when I get mine too since we placed our orders in the same week :)
  20. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah, without a VIN that seems a little optimistic. Not necessarily impossible? But I'd be surprised. It's tough sometimes, because it can be hard to know for sure if a dealer actually has an allocation for you, or if they are making you wait for an allocation to become available.

If your car got built this month though, that would be like a whole month faster than my process so far.

Based on my personal experience so far.. If yours goes as slow as mine, I would be expecting a VIN for your order by the end of this month, and a build date late next month.... With a delivery in late December... But then some people have had their process go a lot quicker than mine. So who knows.. I really can't say with any certainty what dictates how long a persons order is going to take... Depends on too many variables.

Hopefully sooner than later though :) Good luck with the wait.
    I am sure once the car arrives it will all have been worth it.
  21. OLST

OLST New Member

Did your dealer give you any estimates?

And thanks Mayhem, I do hope I get my VIN this week :)

Btw, are any of you guys planning to get snow tires?