Does anyone know what this thing is and why its on there?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by wash, Jan 31, 2014.

  1. wash

    wash Active Member


    Its on the cold side of the turbo between the compressor and intercooler.

    It looks like a big restriction where we would ideally have a nice straight tube with full flow.

    Mountune is now selling a silicon intake hose for increased air flow but we still have this thing...

    Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Register or Sign in

    Advertisement Sponsor

  3. Sekred

    Sekred Active Member

  4. Nate

    Nate New Member

    I think he is talking the whole pipe. What your reference is to the little pipe on the bottom right corner of the picture, yes it made a difference. I did it with mine and I would highly suggest a vendor here look into making it, easy to do and that guy sold like 200 in the first week. It was dubbed the "tork pipe"
  5. Sekred

    Sekred Active Member

    Probably baffle is the wrong description, more like a resonator with no guts. The whole pipe is just a mismatch of joins and changes in volume. Yuck
  6. BlueBomber

    BlueBomber Active Member

    That weird donut?

    I saw the same damn thing on the Focus ST's intercooler piping. The cobb IC piping got rid of it.

Share This Page