Don't forget we're here. :)

Discussion in 'Tasca Auto Group' started by Steve@Tasca, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Best deals you guys will find on OEM and FRPP parts. :)

mrtn and marc89gti like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

My parts shipped very fast and are on their way! Stupid me picked UPS for shipping tho and the shipment is no longer on time because I have to pay duties and taxes... But I'm afraid of the brokerage fee
  4. Steve@Tasca

Ah yes, UPS to Canada. Not typically the best option.
  5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

It was $40 cheaper than USPS. At the time I thought it was a good idea...
  6. Sekred

Sekred Active Member

Hi Steve
    Do you ship international?.
    Some of your OEM Ford parts are about one third of the price I pay in Australia.
  7. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

UPS usually quotes cheaper and then hits you on the back end with brokerage fees and taxes. As far as I'm concerned UPS is dead to me, will never ever use them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yea. I had a lapse in judgment. I'll see how this goes. If I have to pay more than $40 in brokerage fees then I'm done. It's seems common knowledge that UPS sucks so how are they still in business?
  9. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

The fairest non-gov't mail I've used is DHL. Brokerage fees for me ranged from $5 for a $60 item to $25 for a $1K+ item. They send you a notice and can pay online so the driver can drop it off or you can pay @ the door. Love DHL to bits.

Edit: typo~
    Edit 2: why does < 3 = butt w/ a dunce cap @_@
  10. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

UPS is pretty good with handling the brokerage, which you'd have to pay no matter who you ship with across the border. The delay should be fairly quick getting resolved. I've purchased a bit of parts from Tasca and will continue to do so when I need them because their customer service is awesome!
  11. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Maybe you've gotten lucky, personally I've found that fedex charges about 1/4 the amount compared to UPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. captainmorbid

Customs fees aren't generated by ups, brokerage fees for importing are fairly standard. Some parts are exempt, some aren't. Finding your own customs representation is a pain. I wouldn't say that I'm lucky, I just expect things to be occasionally difficult when importing stuff. The Canadian dollar is putting a much bigger dent in my budget for buying parts from the US than ups's FU charges.
  13. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I've had much worse experience with FedEx than UPS. But if you give them enough chances, they will all screw up for you.
  14. Steve@Tasca

Ah, yes. Fedex is great for the recipient.

Where UPS won't deliver without collecting any outstanding fees Fedex will. The official policy Fedex has its to deliver the package and then they "claim" they'll contact the recipient to collect outstanding charges after the fact. Trouble is that they never seem to do this and then they turn around and charge the shipper (us) for the fees.

It's because of this exact policy that we will not ship Fedex to Canada.

15. captainmorbid

Do they have puralator in the US? I've only done domestic through them, and they were fine. FedEx won't deliver if they didn't have a receiver, I've had to pick up from their clearing centre when paying import a few times, and they've mailed me a bill for customs too. Which is something ups has done as well.

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
  16. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I just got my Tasca shipment. UPS brokerage was $10 plus taxes and duties was $32 total. So I'm happy.
    captainmorbid and marc89gti like this.
  17. Chris G

Chris G Member

Steve - do you happen to know the part # for the A Arm bolts on the FiST?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. Steve@Tasca

No problem. Should need one of each per side. The HB4 is unique to the ST.

HS2 is P/N W703432-S900
    HB4 is P/N W715977-S900

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  19. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Best prices indeed Steve! Ordered front and rear pads for the FiST yesterday. I was told they had to be special ordered. Any ETAs on those?
  20. Chris G

Chris G Member

Goodness those are cheap. I was expecting $5+...

Is there a minimum order via your site? Easier for me just to do it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  21. Steve@Tasca

Order number? Feel free to PM me. Should be long though.