door panel upgrade?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by wash, Sep 10, 2013.

1. wash

wash Active Member

The biggest thing that is annoying me so far is the front door panels in my car. When I open the door I always try to catch a little pocket in the arm rest that isn't there and then I have to reach forward to the handle to keep the door from swinging out with no control.

Since the handle is near the hinge the control is not ideal because a little movement near the hinge translates to a large movement near the rear of the door.

Other cars have a little pocket that just seems to gather lint and crud until you drive a car without it and suddenly I'm missing it.

Did the Fiesta ever have that little pocket with the new style door panel?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I agree with you. The position of the grab handle really sucks. The leverage of the door weight just works against you. I find myself trying to scrabble at the window seal area. Especially if there's a vehicle close to you, it's all too easy for the door to get away from you. I've tried to imagine a grab handle that I could fabricate & install, but with my skills, it would probably look like crap. And no, the current Fiestas haven't had a decently placed grab.