ecoboost tour anyone?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by bobjob, Mar 26, 2014.

1. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

Anyone been to the ecoboost tour events? How was it? One will be in my area in May (Los Angeles) and I am thinking of going, maybe meetup with a few other SoCal ppl from this forum if they want to. The venue has a huge parking lot.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Went last June to Gillette stadium. Had a blast. Was able to drive both the FiST and FoST. Decided there I would buy the FiST.:cool:
    BlueBomber likes this.
  4. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I did this last year at the Rose Bowl, it's why I am driving a FiST today!
    limbo likes this.
  5. wash

wash Active Member

Two things, registration is meaningless and show up early.

The only people who don't like these events show up at noon and complain about the line or the expect the organizers to provide daycare for their kids (beyond a hippie chick making balloon animals).
  6. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I went to the Dallas one last year. Got there around 11:20ish. I signed up. Basically signing up just means you don't have to stand there and write down your info on the paper while you're there. If you think you might go, sign up and all you have to do is put your signature on the paper. But the Dallas event wasn't nearly as crowded as some of the other events. Didn't have to wait in line too long and before I knew it I was done and sitting around with nothing to do since I had planned on waiting in line for awhile. :p

I might go again. I had fun. Wish I could have had more runs around the ST track with so few people there. But it is what it is. If I do go again I'll bring my dashcam in with me for the track runs.
  7. limbo

limbo Active Member

Ecoboost challenge sold me as well. Not sure I'll bother going back, car is much more fun with esc off and tires.
  8. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

It's why I bought the FiST. An expensive to attend :)
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The first time the ST had not yet been released.
    Can we bring our own cars this time?

10. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I'm bringing my car, see you guys at 9:00 am in Los Angeles :]
  11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I should have said "Can we drive our own cars in the event". :)
    That would be a hoot.

12. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

well i signed up for 11am but will probably be early since i dont live far. hopefully we can meet up or something.
  13. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

They supply cars to do with as you please, so you can take it more to the edge than you might want to with yours. :p

At the time of the event last year there was a small section of Focus STs out in the parking lot. That was in September when the Fiesta ST had just hit the first lots. I suppose there might be a slightly larger section of Focus STs and 1 Fiesta this year, at least at the Dallas event. lol I've literally never seen a Fiesta ST on the road yet.
  14. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

You have obviously not seen what I do with my car.

I did this event last year.
    I would rather use my car with my suspension, my tires, and my tune.

15. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Well that's what autocross is for.
  16. DAC17

DAC17 New Member

None anywhere near the Northeast??
  17. wash

wash Active Member

I think I'll go in with enough experience that I'll be able to contend for a diecast car, hopefully they will have Fiestas this time.

Its also ~close and I'll be able to drive a Focus ST and Fiesta ST back to back with a little more idea of what to look for.
  18. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

We are having a big meet with the South Florida ST Group at the event in Miami. We are getting reserved parking ;)