Engine Swaps?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by stuntdoogie, Oct 26, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

After searching could not find my answer...
    Does the FoST engine bolt right in the FiST without modifications?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Why molest a perfectly good new car lol I would guess it wouldn't bolt right now without some modifications. I saw a post awhile ago from Europe where somebody did that and it looked like a lot of work.

4. stuntdoogie

I would never make any extreme mod while its under warranty :)...I ask for future intensions.

aar0n likes this.
  5. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Haha ok just checking. I could only dream to swap that motor in there and your right anything is possible after warranty is up. I'm sure it will be done

6. Slip

Slip Member

The thing that actually got me thinking on my ride home from work last night was this;
    Once these cars have been out for a year or so and we start to see parts crop up in the salvage yards, who's going to be the first nut to take a Fiesta sedan and swap in the engine, ecu and upgraded suspension bits from the ST hatch? That is a project I'd watch with great interest.

Qlean_Kutt and captainmorbid like this.
  7. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

This is very intesting idea.

8. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Now that we can tune the 11s and 12s things might get interesting...

9. Slip

Slip Member

Is this official now? Do we have a company offering tuning support for the early mk7's? I know I've seen Cobb and FSwerks talk about the ST but haven't seen anything for the standard models

10. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

I hope this fiSt helps bring tuning to the base models.

dreamernyc likes this.
  11. Slip

Slip Member

Nevermind, went back and check the Faction forums and I see the thread about SCT now. Looks like I'll be making a call to McNews early next year!

captainmorbid likes this.
  12. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

To get the same performance as an ST from a base model you will probably spend the same amount of money all together on the car and parts as an ST. Might as well use the money you save for parts on a down payment for a base ST.

13. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

This is true but be nice option for people who still have a base fiesta.

Steve@Tasca likes this.
  14. eRic

eRic Active Member

15. stuntdoogie

If that engine indeed does drop n bolt in a FiST prepare for all the honda ricers...hide your cars lol

16. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

One can only dream. I'm down for that in 6 years. I don't think we will have to worry about Honda Ricers though because it's 8k they can't afford that . Big aluminum wing, car decals and a fart can are all ricers can afford.

17. captainmorbid

SCT is offering custom tuning at their dealerships, no hand held device though. It's up over on the faction. Only 11 and 12 Fiestas are currently supported so far. I wish I lived closer to FSWerks! :)

18. captainmorbid

You're no fun... :D

19. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

I speak the truth :) lol

20. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Pretty much any engine can go in any car given enough effort, I've seen the Mk1 Focus with everything from flat four Subaru power to inline 6s to 32v 4.6 Cobra drivetrains.

That said, I don't see much point in swapping the FoST 2.0 for the FiST 1.6. The 1.6 should prove more than capable of putting down more power than the chassis will ever be able to get to the ground.

I know a guy in Wisconsin with a Mk1 Focus turbo that has made as much as 600whp on the rollers but trying to get that to the ground on the street is an exercise in futility.

21. captainmorbid

^ this. Though there's always awd conversion... :eek:

Firesail and BlackBird like this.