Enkei RPF1 group buy?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by eRic, Dec 4, 2014.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I might be interested in 16x7 but that depends on price and other details.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

4. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I feel companies like Enkei should be less chickenshit about making wheels in 4x108. They habitually complain about knock-off wheels, but it seems few legitimate wheel manufacturers are even willing to touch Xx108 PCD, leaving a big market with either knockoffs or custom orders as our only recourse.

5. 15pbfist

15pbfist Member

need to do a poll 16" rim or 17" rim then once that's done do a poll for the width 7" ,7.5" , or 8" then you do the offset pole or just keep it with the stock offset. the other thing is does the color have to be the same if it does that would be the last pole for color then you have majority decision and set the buy up

Mightymango and Eric Hamann like this.
  6. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

16x 7 as that is what is legal for classing. 42mm offset is the offset that will work (as it does with other brands of wheels)

Color? Silver/black would work for me....not that critical, I'm looking for function/lightweight.

15pbfist likes this.
  7. MacDubois

MacDubois New Member

What he said, 16x7, 42-45 offset. Lighter or cheaper than the OZ Ultraleggera. Looks like the 16x7s are under 14lbs, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And it would be nice if they could get it done before I get clever and shave a couple mm off a Rota Slip

Mightymango likes this.
  8. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Id like the closest to stock... But let's see if we can even get them done first

9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

16 x 7 42 - 45 offset - yes! 17 - No

15pbfist and k757 like this.
  10. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

16x7 et42 seems to be in demand... Ohhh i hope somehow some way it will be done

15pbfist likes this.
  11. 15pbfist

15pbfist Member

Sounds good to me

12. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

How come you guys want 16s? Just wondering

13. k757

k757 Active Member

For SCCA, it's HS class legal and lighter than 17"

14. 15pbfist

15pbfist Member

For ref. A 225/45 Yokohama advan a048 on a 16" rim weighs 35.7 lbs and is taller by .4 inches than stock The same 225/45 yok on a 17" rim weighs 39.15 and is 1.4 inches taller than stock So more side wall for better ride closest to stock size and less weight than 17" and stock and can still have a big brake kit. Got the weights from tire rack and enkei also they don't have a smaller 225 for a 17" than the 45 or I would have used it

15. MacDubois

MacDubois New Member

What they said about wheel weight. But more for tire sizing for me. Can't get a 225 on a 17 without rub. If somebody sold a 225/40/17 in an AX tire, 17s would be more viable choice.

16. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Yeah weight, wider tire, more street comfort with taller sidewalls than 17s, and i even like the look better.

17. eRic

eRic Active Member

Ok so do we have ten folks interested in the 17x7 that was originally proposed? Please let me know so I can update the list in the original post. Thanks!

18. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Id be interested in 17s but not lookig good from these post

19. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

You are going to need 10 people with cash in hand, who want the exact same wheel specs to make this happen.

20. LongBeachFiST

LongBeachFiST New Member

I would be interested in 16" any width 7-8", 17" in 7"-7.5", in gold

21. Interested in an HS legal 16x7 or 17x7. Note if you go 17x7 AND make it HIGHER offset (think 49 or 50) I suspect you'll have some buyers...