Enkei RPF1 group buy?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by eRic, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Why would people want a higher offset? The stock wheels are +49mm offset and sunk in pretty good. More people will want a lower offset to get them closer the the fenders. A 6mm offset won't make that much of a difference regardless.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. For autocross usage, it should allow a wider tire crammed onto that wheel to fit without rubbing.

Note there is a distinct LACK of higher offset 17x7 available in light wheels. This would fill a market space with a captive audience ;)

4. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Not necessarily, you'll start rubbing struts/shocks with a wider tire on a 17x7.

5. Try it on a stock wheel (+47.5 offset) and also a "common" aftermarket 17x7 (i.e. +40 or +42) and get back to me

(aka not my first rodeo on cramming wide tires on the front of a stock class autocross car ;) )

6. 15pbfist

15pbfist Member

So does this mean we are going to do a 16x7

7. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Well the only offset available(if these are even made) will be +43mm unless Enkei decides to make more than one production run.

8. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

I'd be in for a 16x7... (popcorn)

9. greybeard

greybeard New Member

I'd be in for 17x7 gunmetal if this happens

10. Cesso

Cesso Member

I'd run 17x7 or 17x8 bronze with a .5" to 1" lip anyday. But me saying so won't make that happen. In a perfect world I'd run 16" wheels, but I have a set of 16x8s on my other car and the tire selection is absolutely terrible, so much so that I'd never recommend them to anyone. With the great selection in 15" and 17" sizes there is just no reason to go 16" these days.

11. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

I'm not affiliated with this group buy, but when I attempted this last year I was told the "SBC" (gunmetal) would cost an extra $250. I'm unsure that this holds true in this case.

Oakos should really make an account here and start a poll.

12. eRic

eRic Active Member

Do we have more folks interested? I've updated the list. Let me know if I've missed anyone.

13. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Is that for the gold 17x7 (stockish)

14. eRic

eRic Active Member

that's for the size and offset. 17x7 +43. silver is closer to stock silver. gunmetal is closer to rado gray.

15. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

I just ment size.. I would want the gold

16. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Making this a temporary sticky while you guys try to organize this.

17. greybeard

greybeard New Member

Greybeard is going to have to bow out. I ordered a set of Team Dynamics wheels instead.

18. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

16X7...don't care about color...start a list of 16X7s...if we are close maybe a 4 of us could go in on a spare set...each take a wheel so if you bend or break one you have a spare.

19. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

just a quick look...there looks to be about 10 people in for 16's...especially if everyone would kick in on 1 or 2 extra sets to get some spares.

20. 1FocusedHokie

1FocusedHokie Member

I'd be in for the 17x7s. Although we really should be looking at 17x7.5s or 8s.

21. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Don't think thus is happening. The OP has gone missing.