Enkei RPF1's

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Tim McCarthy, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

The 18mm clearance was to the sidwall of the tire. I did not even check the rear for clearance though, I was mostly looking for fender rub issues at full lock.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

4. OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive New Member

Is your car the NEW Fiesta ST?

Can you measure the clearance on the stock wheels, from the wheel lip to the strut and wheel lip to the fender were it will clear without and rolling, front and rear. With that I have measurements of the wheel and should be able to determine if a 17x8" 45 or 35 will clear.

5. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

It's the newest ST money can buy. I will try to get measurements this weekend.
  6. OAKOS Automotive

Thank you very much! This will help me figure out if the 17x8" will work!
  7. wash

wash Active Member

I just had my car on a lift and I can tell you that there is at least 1/2", probably more like 3/4" from the rim to the strut at full droop with the wheels mostly straight.

I did not check at full lock and have no way to check at maximum deflection so I didn't bother to look at the fender lip.

Any way, I think a 17*8" with close to stock offset (47.5mm) will clear on the inside just fine but the extra 1/2" at the outside is something to look at.

Going too far away from stock offset seems like a bad idea, it could give you torque steer where very little was before.
  8. OAKOS Automotive

I knew it was tight, but it seems like the 17x8 is a waste of time since modification would need to be down to fit a 225 or 235 tire on there. it might work with a 215 but why risk ordering these if there isn't any gain with tire size. 17x7 will run just fine and use the stock tire, more people will probably buy them. I just like a wider wheel because of the extra meat.
    So 17x7" 45 is the winner IMO
    RodMoe likes this.
  9. wash

wash Active Member

There are already a few decent stock size wheels with the right bolt pattern, why be just a face in the crowd?

A tuner in Europe has an 8.25" rim width on a Fiesta so it can be done.

I don't know what changed your mind but you give up easily.
  10. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Well it's not so much that an 8" wheel that won't fit, it's more so the offset. A 45mm offset will be an extremely tight fit and a 35mm offset should fit without an issue but most people who have voted want the same size as stock because they autoX their car and want to stay in Stock class.

Edit: So with that information, if you could find 9 people who'd buy them in 17x8 35mm offset count me in. But I just don't see it happening.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    RodMoe likes this.
  11. wash

wash Active Member

An 8" rim with 35mm offset is going to stick the rim out about an inch on each side and you'll have exactly the same inside clearance as stock.

I would rather keep stock offset and grow 1/2" on each side, that way the scrub radius doesn't change and if you go from a 205 to 225 tire you have a nominal 10mm growth on each side at the tire.

I have a feeling a lot of people are getting offset and back spacing measurement mixed up.

I would get really nervous buying wheels with less than maybe 42mm offset unless you're going wider than 8" and might need more clearance on the inside.

For wheels with the same width, reducing your offset by X mm is like adding an X mm wheel spacer because offset is measured from the centerline of the wheel.

Backspace is measured from the inside of the rim so if you are comparing rims of different widths, you have to do math to figure out where its wider and narrower and depending on how thick the rim is, measurements are not always consistent between manufacturers or styles of wheels.

Any way, low offset wheels=possible fender interference and when you're talking about adding width at the same time that pushes the rim out more.

If you are trying to get "hella flush", be prepared to experiment with wheel spacers and wind up with a car that drives like crap and wears out tires at an alarming rate.
  12. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

I understand how wheel math works, and based off of my personal experience and my peers a 17x8 et45 will not work. You will be rubbing the rear shocks.
    RodMoe likes this.
  13. OAKOS Automotive

From a personal standpoint, I would want a 17x8" for my Fiesta (if I had one). From an employee working at OAKOS, the 17x7" is a better option because it will fit without any problem. More people seem more incline to go with that size to.

If I had 17x8" I would probably get some coilovers first since the coilovers will most likely be more narrow and not have a problem with a 45mm wheel. I am not a big fan of spacers at all. If there is 10 people on this thread that want a 17x8" wheel, and you guys get them together I can get them made, I am here to serve;). I would make a disclosure saying that the fitment is not confirmed and will most likely need some kind of modification, and there would be no returns.

I wasn't trying to throw the idea out the window because I would want to see these made.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. Removed

Removed Guest

What about 17x7.5"?
    Mr UFO likes this.
  15. OAKOS Automotive

That is an option, but based on what other people want 17x7" seems to be a more popular option because it keeps them in a autoX class that is the stock wheel size. They get an advantage of having a lighter wheel, that is what makes this wheel so popular. There might be an option for a wider wheel in the future but I would need to see how this first group buy goes.
  16. OAKOS Automotive

We are waiting on Enkei to see if they can do the 4x108 bolt pattern. If they can we are going to go with a 17x7" 45mm wheel first. That is because people can us their stock tires and can us it the stock class of autoX. After the first run is over we can move onto a different size, that way we can be safe at first. Then we can measure clearance of the RPF1 and see what our options are.
    RodMoe and Tim McCarthy like this.
  17. OAKOS Automotive

Bad news, these wheels cannot be made. I am sorry that we wasted all this time but it is not going to happen.

If you really want RPF1 wheels the only thing you can do is buy one that is made in 4x100 and have it professionally re-drilled to 4x108

Again I am very sorry!![​IMG]
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Well Thanks for your time and effort :)
  19. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

these wheels def can be made! I am in talks with Enkei now. they said they would have to have enough interest to make the wheel. keep the dream alive!!!
  20. LT Berzerker

LT Berzerker Active Member

Would love a 17x8 +35 option!!!! Or a +38 or +40 offset will do :)
  21. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

well here is what she told me....."the RPF1 is still a current wheel, but we do not produce it in a configuration for the fiesta. Unfortuneately, special orders including speacial sizes and configurations require a high quantity order. Usually in the 100-200(wheels-not people lol) range. this is due to a new mold production and testing requirements".

someone else from enkei also told they made the wheel for the focus st with only 50(wheels) this is probably because its is a 5lug not a 4.

like someone stated above what would need to happen is get a list together of who would want a set and how many people and go from there.