Erratic Idle that drops very low.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Maxpowa, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Maxpowa

Maxpowa New Member

I have a 2015 with 1600 miles...yes, the damn this is brand new. On my way home tonight, I was sitting at a red light with the clutch in and gear in 1st. I moved the selector to neutral and let the clutch out. The engine idle dropped and the engine felt as though it was going to die. I gave it some gas, the rpm settled and the car began idling fine once more. It happened again, same situation, maybe about 5 minutes later.

I've heard that some Focus ST owners have been having similar issues. Anyone with FiSTs? Any info or insight would be appreciated.

Not sure of this matters: Just before this happened, I filled the car with gas from empty (gas light came on 5 minutes earlier). I use premium all the time.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Javier Leon

Javier Leon New Member

Yes it happened to me when I over filled it with gas after that first tik happens don't out more gas if that's what u did that's what happen to me. But been running fine even after I was in sixth meant to downshift to fourth and put it in second will see how that goes .
  4. Maxpowa

Maxpowa New Member

Thanks for the reply. Others have been saying that it was because I probably overfilled my tank as well. Drove the car today with no issues at all. Lesson learned. Will post back if something else crops up. Thanks again.
  5. Out of curiosity, did you have the AC on? On some vehicles, when the AC compressor kicks in, the sudden load can bog the engine down briefly. I thought most newer vehicles compensated for that by automatically idling up as the AC clutch engaged.
  6. Maxpowa

Maxpowa New Member

I did have the A/C on at the time.
  7. wiggin105

wiggin105 New Member

Same here. I just stopped going to the one gas station near the office. Problem solved. Really weird.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk