Everybody should have snow tires...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Noah, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Noah

Noah Member

So you don't hit me...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or more importantly, my Fiesta.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. b17drvr

b17drvr New Member

Oh Man, that sucks!

Noah likes this.
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

This does Suck sorry to see your PB get a whack ... :hungover::dead::depressed::mad:

Noah likes this.
  5. audiphile

audiphile Member

Wow, the little bumper did a great job.. can't say the same about the Jetta.

Noah likes this.
  6. ertzog

ertzog New Member

Ouch.

Exactly what I am afraid of. How much damage, according to the insurance pin heads?

7. Noah

Noah Member

no idea, haven't talked to them yet, it only happened a few hours ago.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

8. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

If your driving to fast or following to closely or not paying attention on icy roads not even snow tires will prevent that from happening. I would venture to guess that person was guilty of at least 2 of those.

9. Noah

Noah Member

She must of been flying, because neither my passenger or I saw her coming behind us when we stopped. When she hit we had no idea wtf happened because it didn't even occur to us that anyone was behind us. She claimed she just lost control under braking, but it wasn't THAT icy that she could hit us, and push us that far if she was traveling at a normal speed.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

10. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Funny how everyone has excuses after they hit someone, like it wasn't their fault. Gotta say the Fiesta took the impact better than the VW though.

11. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

Sucks to see that happen to you. I actually kind of hope we eventually follow the lead in some provinces and make winter tires mandatory. Not only does it make it safer for everyone but it also reduces congestion due to weather. Traffic is nuts here once it gets even a little slippery as half the vehicles can barely make it across the intersections before the lights turn red. You watch some cars and it takes them 30 seconds to cross the intersection. My wife's normal 30min drive home was over an 75min the other day when it was snowing.

12. OxWhiteFiST92

OxWhiteFiST92 Member

Thats horrible man. Hoping for a fast recovery for your FiST. Not to rub it in or anything but thank god I live in miami...

13. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

That really sucks to get your FiST wrinkled. Hope it gets fixed properly and fast.

14. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

No offense to females on this board but speaking as a city bus driver....Females SUCK at driving!!! 80% of my close encounters are with females who have no brains and no consideration when driving...even my wife agrees with me. Dude so sorry about your whip. But remember that accident could have been alot worse! Fatal even. Hope you get her fixed soon and make sure they dont do a hack job.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

15. audiphile

audiphile Member

Insurance statistics don't line up with your assessment. Female drivers tend to cause mostly minor damage, under the deductible amount, while when the big crashes happen, it's mostly males. Just facts.

Noah likes this.
  16. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Wasnt speaking from factual statistics but from opinion and my experience only.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

17. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

oooch, that sucks! You are right that snow tires are not only for you, but for the person behind you so they don't run into you. Sorry to see your car damaged.

18. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Damn. Sorry to see that.

19. TWDM

TWDM Member

Agreed. While I would agree that female drivers tend to be less skilled. Males tend to drive like they're auditioning for fast and furious 7, and in general drive like assholes which makes up for any little skill advantage they have.

Mayhem, Firesail and Noah like this.
  20. DayJ

DayJ New Member

Yeah, technically women cause less $damage$, but I don't know many women who pride themselves in being a competent driver. The majority of the time I'm yelling at someone in a parking lot or someone who is sitting in the passing lane going 10 under… it happens to be someone who shares my gender. Agree with TWDM.

21. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I refuse to drive around without proper tires below 5 degree's. There is definitely no shortage of people around here who insist that all tires are the same though, or are just flat out too cheap to respect human life.

I've had my experiences years ago with improper tires for conditions... Enough to know better. (No accidents) but proof enough for the lesson to be learned.

Glad you're incident was minor enough that you are around to sit at the computer and type the tale.

My FiST has very low mileage still because I kept it tucked in the garage anytime I didn't like the temp's while waiting for my winter set to arrive.
    Winter's are on now though so I'm good to go, and expect that mileage to climb much faster now.

Sorry to see your car already has some war stories... But chicks dig scars? Hope she's back on the road good as new ASAP. (if that hasn't happened already.)