Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 158 Posts
I had a full Milltek system on my '11 SES.
Although it did fit just fine it was 2-3 inches short at the tips.
This is because our rear bumper is longer.

Dave

Anyone have info on if Milltek will be releasing a cat back for our cars here in the US market?
I sent an email to Milltek and this was their response:
1st email:
Thanks for your email. We believe our system will fit the US spec vehicles as well, if you have a vehicle already then we may be able to offer a special price to complete a test fit via one of our US based dealers, subject to your location.

Kind Regards,

Steve Pound

Milltek Sport

2nd email:
I have asked our US importer to make contact to arrange this with you, his name is Greg at Griffin Motorwerke.

Thanks,

Steve Pound

Milltek Sport

This is their website: http://www.g-werke.com/
but have not spoken to anyone there yet, maybe tomorrow

As Dave mentioned, the Milltek exhaust will fit, but the tips will be too far inward from the rear bumper.

From the sounds clips I have heard, I am leaning towards to the MRT system. It sounds very mean and has nice twin angle cut tips that aren't too large.

Personally I do prefer to keep the car farely quite.
It has yet to be proven that a cat back system by itself will improve performance.
Even a larger down pipe has yet to be proven effective relative to the cost.

Although the car is very peppy.
The turbo is pretty much maxed out.

Replacing the exhaust manifold, turbo, and complete exhaust system may be the only way.
This is not only expensive but raises the question of warranty and emission inspection legality in some states.

Dave

I sent an email to Milltek and this was their response:
1st email:
Thanks for your email. We believe our system will fit the US spec vehicles as well, if you have a vehicle already then we may be able to offer a special price to complete a test fit via one of our US based dealers, subject to your location.

Kind Regards,

Steve Pound

Milltek Sport

2nd email:
I have asked our US importer to make contact to arrange this with you, his name is Greg at Griffin Motorwerke.

Thanks,

Steve Pound

Milltek Sport

This is their website: http://www.g-werke.com/
but have not spoken to anyone there yet, maybe tomorrow
LOL, this is what happens when you post the info, and get sidetracked and forget to actually be the first to send the email, haha!

Well, as that is the one I want for my car, eventually, please keep us updated on how it goes?

Personally I do prefer to keep the car farely quite.
It has yet to be proven that a cat back system by itself will improve performance.
Even a larger down pipe has yet to be proven effective relative to the cost.

Although the car is very peppy.
The turbo is pretty much maxed out.

Replacing the exhaust manifold, turbo, and complete exhaust system may be the only way.
This is not only expensive but raises the question of warranty and emission inspection legality in some states.

Dave
My view is buy the exhaust that sounds the best to you as a person. Everyone is different on what they thing sounds good. For the fiesta i do believe the turbo is close to maxed out so shoot for what u want it to sound like verse performance.
Yes, I don't want my ST to sound like a Civic with a coffee can on the end! Nor would I want it to sound like my old 1979 RX7 with a gutted 7" Supertrapp megaphone that I had once enjoyed when much younger (and would spit flames out on the racetrack - Turn 5 at Road America!). BUT! The sound of the Milltek exhaust on my MKV R32 with the VR6 engine was one of the most wonderful music to my ears. And though the symposer does add a nice touch, I need more music from my engine. Not to mention, the ability to hear it perform while wearing a helmet when out on the course/track.

And when I say music, I do mean that. Every car I have owned, and added the right exhaust to it - I rarely used the radio. I could drive for hours, just enjoying the sounds of my exhaust system. I never tired of the roar of acceleration, the pops & gurgles, the whistle of the turbo, and the MKV GTI with DSG trans had the most unique "burp" when up shifting! A symphony of sounds.

The symposer is just not enough.
That just brings up another point.
I am not sure as to how the symposer effects the air going into the Throttle Body.
Does it set up some kind of wave front that effects air flow?
I am planning to remove the symposer and smooth that tube in the future.

Dave

The resonance in the intake is dominated by the valve event timing, that is why TiVCT is really nice.

I suspect the symposer has very little effect on anything except the sound.

The resonance in the intake is dominated by the valve event timing, that is why TiVCT is really nice.

I suspect the symposer has very little effect on anything except the sound.
It is the 90 degree tap next to the Throttle Body I am concerned about.
I am thinking that the air bouncing against the baffle inside the symposer is reflecting back and disturbing the air flow.

Dave

An engine always has standing waves in the intake, there isn't much flow associated with it in a pipe that dead ends.

Of course if you had nice laminar flow ahead of that point, the geometry of it might screw things up a bit but I bet its already a little turbulent at that point.

Here is the MRT exhaust for the Fiesta ST
Although I would reserve a full judgment until I heard it in person.
Please remember that is just MY opinion.
Based on that clip.
I think that system sounds like crap and around here would be a ticket waiting to happen.

Dave

41 - 60 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.