Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
61 - 80 of 158 Posts
I'll probably do it myself... or if I'm in a time crunch or feeling lazy that day, I'll have a local muffler shop that normally builds me custom mandrel systems, to do the install.

I really like the sound of this... But won't it be too short for the 5 door?

I'm hoping fswerks sport exhaust is something like this.
I have heard the bumpers are a bit longer on the Euro-spec cars, but this will be a simple remedy. It will still bolt right up but may need to have the tips lengthened OR weld in a spacer pre muffler and relocate the hangers. Whatever the case, I will be providing Scorpion with feedback and any changes that are needed will be made on future systems sold to the states. I actually think the tips are tucked too much under the rear valence as it is, I wouldn't mind the new system 3.5" tips extended past the valence about an inch.

Reactions: mrtn
Discussion starter · #65 ·
I have heard the bumpers are a bit longer on the Euro-spec cars, but this will be a simple remedy. It will still bolt right up but may need to have the tips lengthened OR weld in a spacer pre muffler and relocate the hangers. Whatever the case, I will be providing Scorpion with feedback and any changes that are needed will be made on future systems sold to the states.
Cool! Keep us updated on the instal etc with lots of pics and vids ;)

I really like the sound of this... But won't it be too short for the 5 door?

I'm hoping fswerks sport exhaust is something like this.
I think the FSWERKs exhaust will be 2.5" diameter piping. Scorpion also makes a 2.5" system as well. According to their dyno spreadsheets for both systems, the 3" outperforms the 2.5" on an otherwise stock FiST.

3 door or 5 door should not make any difference.
It will be the difference in the rear bumpers.

I had a Milltek system on my '11 SES and it was about 3 inches too short.
You should need to only add pipe between the muffler and the tips.

Dave

This Scorpion does sound pretty good.
I am holding out to see/hear the Mountune system, should be available next spring.

Dave
Heh... I couldn't wait that long. Does Mountune have a system for euro-spec cars yet or are they still in R&D?

Heh... I couldn't wait that long. Does Mountune have a system for euro-spec cars yet or are they still in R&D?
No system yet.
Still in R&D.

I don't mind the wait as I have not seen/heard anything that totally impresses me yet.
This also allows me to get caught up on a couple of other projects.

Dave

Yeah, it is very early in the game as far as aftermarket for these cars is concerned.

Yeah, it is very early in the game as far as aftermarket for these cars is concerned.
I don't mind a tone improvement but I am just not into the loud.
I don't want to buy a cat back system now only to find a down pipe is proven to be better and then they wont mate.
There just has not been enough testing yet.

We have been told that in the first quarter of next year the after market will just explode for this car.
So I am going to wait a little longer.
In the meantime there are a few things I am still working on.

Dave

Millteks us distributer out in cali offered me 50% off their exhaust but would have to leave my car a few days at performance shop here in ny so they can test fit and take pics and vids of the exhaust and my car. What do you think? I really dont feel good about leaving my car at a shop to use as a guinea pig especially if im paying for it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Millteks us distributer out in cali offered me 50% off their exhaust but would have to leave my car a few days at performance shop here in ny so they can test fit and take pics and vids of the exhaust and my car. What do you think? I really dont feel good about leaving my car at a shop to use as a guinea pig especially if im paying for it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Talk about a leap of faith....especially if you didn't like the installed system :confused:

We have been told that in the first quarter of next year the after market will just explode for this car.
Who said that? I hope its true but beside a few cold air intakes, intercoolers, exhaust systems, some body kit stuff and a little suspension stuff I saw nothing unexpected at the SEMA show.

I can't call that an explosion. There wasn't even any new ST specific wheel.

Every exhaust company I talked to said the Fiesta ST was not something they were going to build for in 2014.

Any way, if you don't like what Cobb, Mountune, FSWerks and MRT make for the ST, you are going to have to roll your own. There will be euro imports for the exhaust but after shipping, they won't be cheap and the return and service issues make it a tough sell.

61 - 80 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.