Exhaust systems

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by mrtn, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Wonder why such small piping? Not much bigger than stock. If i had to choose between the two id go with Magnaflow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

4. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I have been totally happy with the FRPP Borla exhaust my 2011 Fiesta. Probably the easiest system I have ever installed, and had the sound I had hoped for. The fit, finish, and quality were all great on the kit. I would not rule out another Borla system. The rolled tips are a little heafty looking, so that might change my mind depending on the ST kit and what else is out there. FSWerks and MRT have my interest right now. I am a little concerned with the volume of sound with the MRT, but I love the sound.

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I too was very happy with Borla until my 2011 Fiesta.
    I went through TWO bad mufflers.
    Their customer service was great however.
    The only problem was the labor I had to go through.
    I finally ended up with a Milltek and was very happy.

FRPP will be offering two systems for this car so we will just have to see.

Dave

6. joker96

joker96 Member

Just got quoted for my custom exhaust system from the down pipe to the back 300 at 2.5 inches and 400 at 3 inches.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

7. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Only if it is free. o_O

8. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

I have Borla 2.5" on my GTI and it sounds wonderful! And allowed the tuned engine to breath. Would go with it but I hope the cost will come down...

9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Magnafow has a sound clip on their site now. Not very good quality though. It's short and all drowned out by background music. But sounds good from what you can hear.

10. stuntdoogie

Going by the magnaflow exhausts in the FoSTs on you tube...they sound great. They sound stealthy. Borlas i like also by sound too raspy for street imo.

11. Bcook_illFX

Bcook_illFX New Member

I have the MRT rally sport cat back exhaust and it's loud but I like it and by the way the rally sport has no muffler or resonator it's just a pipe from the cat back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graynicolas11 likes this.
  12. stuntdoogie

Let us know if you still feel that way 6mo to a year :)
    Hows the drone?

13. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

can you post a vid, does it sound exactly like the video from MRT? if so I love it..was it easy to install?

14. Bcook_illFX

Bcook_illFX New Member

I don't think the drone is that bad if you are cruising on the freeway it doesn't get really loud until you step on it and get the rpm up. Also I have already been pulled over on the freeway for speeding and the cop didn't say anything about it being too loud but he did give me a ticket for my window tint but I am planning on getting a down pipe with no cat in the next few weeks and I think that will prob make it louder

15. Bcook_illFX

Bcook_illFX New Member

Ya it pretty much sounds like the video mrt posted I have a video on my Instagram and a few other pics @Bcook_illFX and the install was very easy but you do have to cut the stock exhaust in half just in front of the rear axle to get it off also when I first put the exhaust on the hangers the tip was crooked and bumping the plastic in the back so I had to bend the hangers a lil bit to get tip to sit perfectly level but it wasn't a big deal and over all took me an hr or two to install

16. BRGT350

I had to play around with the tips on the Borla FRPP system to get them perfect, but it was just a process of loosening the joint by the axle and turning the rear section. The MRT system has me really interested, I just don't know if the volume will be too much. My old ZX3 used to get letters all the time from angry neighbors because it was too loud. I thought it was just right, but cops and neighbors thought otherwise.

17. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

For those that can handle the loud the MRT is great.
    I just can't see how they justify the same kind of price as other cat back systems.
    after all, there is nothing but pipe.

Dave

18. stuntdoogie

True Dat!

19. BRGT350

Agree, the price is a little much for a flange, tubing, and tips.

20. Bcook_illFX

Bcook_illFX New Member

Ya mrt is kinda pricey for what it is also I just ordered the miltek de cat down pipe and I'm a lil worried it's gonna be a bit loud with my mrt cat back

graynicolas11 likes this.
  21. BRGT350

On a normally aspirated Focus, I had a 4-2-1 header, removed cat, and an Apexi N1 muffler. The results were painful. Added a silencer, still too loud. Added a resonator, still too loud. Bought a catback with a large muffler, still too loud. Added a large resonator to the catback, still loud but better. Installed a factory exhaust and it sounded pretty good. Removing the cat made it hard to quiet the car down to a level that was acceptable for neighbors and cops. I know turbo cars are a little different, but no cat and no mufflers has to be crazy loud for the street. I doubt you could stay within the sound limits at most racetracks with that setup.