Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 158 Posts
Ya mrt is kinda pricey for what it is also I just ordered the miltek de cat down pipe and I'm a lil worried it's gonna be a bit loud with my mrt cat back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let us know what its like once you do the install

Uh ohs... sounds a bit like a UPS truck. I think it needs a muffler...

Im just curious cause he said if he had warranty issues he would put the oe exhaust back. That mean he would have to weld and the dealer would probably notice that. I think.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

remember how warranty works, the exhaust is only an issue if it directly causes the problem.

After going down the road of removing the cat and having a very free flowing exhuast on my ZX3, I won't be doing that again. Way too much hassle with neighbors, cops, and even race tracks said it was too loud. Also, having ringing ears and a massive headache after 20 minutes of driving gets old.

Way too much hassle with neighbors, cops, and even race tracks said it was too loud. Also, having ringing ears and a massive headache after 20 minutes of driving gets old.
I too think that this becomes an issue with some exhaust systems.
In many cases they sound great at first but for the long term not that good.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

My only concern is that many companies just throw things together.
It may sound OK but is it doing anything to help performance.
If all you want is noise, then just remove/replace the muffler from the OEM system.
This way you spend about $200.00 or less and you can easily put it back to stock.
For $800.00 to $1000.00 or even higher, it should do more than just get louder.

Dave

You didnt cut the oe exhaust off I hope.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Ya I did but like the other dude said I don't think having the mrt will void the warranty I had a mustang before that I put catback exhaust on and I had to take it in to the dealer and they didn't even say anything about it but if I ever have to take my fiesta in i will put the OE down pipe back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I think you're overthinking this whole warranty thing. I've got a 2009 Focus with an intake, exhaust, and all sorts of aftermarket bits(KWV1 coilovers, camber arms, toe arms, an SVT rear brake kit) and have had ZERO issues with my warranty. The only way you'll run into problems is if your dealerships are filled with dbags.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

The only way you'll run into problems is if your dealerships are filled with dbags.
I had this issue only once with a highly modified Mini.
The OEM HID headlights went out and the dealer did not want to allow the warranty because of the other non-electrical mods I had done.
After a long conversation with the service manager and a threat of legal action they replaced the headlights under warranty.

Dave

Speaking of which, my Scorpion exhaust system has been shipped from the US distributor and I should have it in a few days. I received my tracking number today from Essex. Also, regarding the tip length issue, I will be supplying Scorpion with pictures and measurements so that when they make NA spec systems, they will fit our cars perfectly. They also told me that once they get the info from me, they will send me a new muffler section with the right length tips. I have to say, I am *EXTREMELY* happy with their communication, response time and courteous responses. Absolute TOP notch customer service in my book! :joyful: :D :cool:

Reactions: mrtn
Also, please note that every single one of Scorpions exhaust systems are hand made, they are not made in a factory or on an assembly line, by some sourced labor. Some of the guys that work for Essex have them on their own personal cars and they seem to love them, especially the fit, finish, quality, sound and performance (I think that actually covers everything... lol). So while being a bit more expensive, I've been told that it's worth the extra dime. We shall see. :p

101 - 120 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.