Extended warranty?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Nismogrendel, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Nismogrendel

Nismogrendel New Member

I'm going to be financing a Fiesta ST thru USAA.

They offered me a few different types of "Extended Vehicle Protection Programs"

The plans add $7 or $11 per month depending what you pick:

60 month/100k
    72/75k
    60/75k

I need to read the fine print, I plan to do a lot of maintenance myself (oil changes/etc), was reading that some don't cover you if you don't have a shop or dealership perform all maintenance and document it.

Worth it? Not worth it? I'm not sure what Ford's factory warranty covers, trying to find that info right now too.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

dont buy it from a dealer if you do want it, you can get it cheaper online. I got it for less than half of what my dealer offered for a longer waranty. and no you can still do maintenance on your own without any consequences. its worth it for me since it wasnt that much for a 7 year deal and i plan on keeping it at least that long.

4. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Like you said, read the fine print first. I'm financed through USAA as well, and I always see the pop-up ad for the coverage. You should also look to see if there is a deductible, and how much. And if you're modding, then the warranty may not ultimately cover much . . .

5. Nismogrendel

Nismogrendel New Member

I talked with USAA, the only thing I'm really worried about is a clutch job eventually. I will just set aside cash for that and rely on Ford's default warranty for powertrain/etc coverage.

The roadside assistance from USAA sounded sweet, but talking with my mom it sounds like AAA might be a better option for me. According to her, if I have AAA and my GF's car breaks down, I can use my AAA coverage to get her car towed. Quite a bit better than just covering the Fiesta thru USAA - and pretty much same cost for both monthly.