Favorite Driving Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrtn, Nov 13, 2013.

1. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

*ahem* Inital D *ahem* :rotfl:

BlackBird likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Kap

Kap Member

(Aww, man... your post just created a new page and probably buried the post that I just made, so I'm shamelessly posting it again here.) :p

Like a necromancer, I'm reviving this long-forgotten thread from the dead to share an infectiously upbeat recent discovery that I simply can't stop looping. I needed to share these positive vibes, because it's just too much fun bouncing down the road in an ST to this song! :biglaugh:

It's a fusion of afrobeat from Ghana and Jamaican dancehall reggae, and if you're reading that thinking, "Sorry, what did he just say?!", I implore you to give it a listen... just once... hopefully with an open mind... and see if it doesn't get you moving and stir up some happiness in you. :)

(Feel free to skip the first 40 seconds, as that's promotional content for a competition.)

Some brief background on the video in case you're interested. A few years ago, Fuse ODG (the main musical artist in this song) released a track and found a unique way to promote it. He created a competition where dancers could upload clips of themselves to YouTube, dancing to his song, and the best clip would win some prizes. The winning clip (of a couple dancing in a McDonald's and on the tram in Manchester) actually went viral and was watched by millions, and it ended up securing a recording contract for him. Well, he came out with another song and another competition this past summer (which is recapped in the beginning of this video), and based on this performance by the same couple, I'm pretty sure that they won again. They're so cute and playful together, and just teeming with joy and energy. See for yourself! :cool:
  4. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Metallica - Fuel
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Eurobeat makes you drive better. This is proven science at work.
    KKaWing likes this.
  6. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I hate to even comment...and I won't ...all you touch and all you see is all you'll ever be...balanced on the biggest wave...Pink Floyd....look it up and listen on head phones...Dark Side of the Moon...and drink alcohol, then smoke some gang, then listen on head phones....come on man!
  7. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Not necessarily driving music (okay, sometimes I do listen to techdeth / deathcore driving)...but the new Cognizance EP is furious. Need a full length, badly.

8. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

Fired up my PS2 recently and this came to mind when I saw the thread pop up:

9. Kap

Kap Member

Here's another remixed "oldie" that I just came across last night that I thought you'd like, too, mrtn. This song's always had one of the catchiest basslines I've heard, and this mix puts a modern spin on it while still preserving the integrity of the original. Enjoy! :headphones:

The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (Shaparder & LRX Remix)
  10. randywatson

randywatson New Member

...no, absolutely not.

please no one try a "gum tape death match"...:rolleyes:
  11. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

Whole new meaning to it handles like it's on rails... Guardrails...
    randywatson likes this.