Fiesta RS?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Paul, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Paul

Paul Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Not AWD? I'll pass. It probavly wont make it to the US anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

4. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

Yeah, I'm not gonna hold my breath. That bodywork doesn't look like it'd adapt to the 5-door as easily as the ST's did, and Ford isn't likely to homologate the 3-door for US sales just for one model. That aside, if it's a real RS it'll involve comfort and practicality compromises that would make it a less desirable car anyway. Part of why I like the FiST so much is that it's a normal practical car with added performance, if it were going to be a dedicated two-seater I'd get a real sports car instead.

5. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

What would be sweet is them bringing the 3 door variant here as the RS. That I would buy in a heartbeat.;)

captainmorbid likes this.
  6. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Not likely. Though who knows about the MK VIII... I may be in a mini-van by then... :eek:

7. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Suprised they just dont call it a R3. After all that is the FIA class that our ST would race in anyways. (1.6L turbo 2wd 250hp limit)

Also suprised M-Sport builds an R2 then skips all the way up to R5.

The ST is essentially a non-caged street version of a R3 class street car. It would be an easy selling point to rack up some national, european and world championships with one. If I were Ford, I'd sink money into those championships since they dont offer an awd street version anyway.

As a side note, Rally America needs to get w/ the program and class cars correctly according to FIA rules.

8. wash

wash Active Member

That looks like a lot of parts could bolt on to an ST.

I hope they chose the right LSD, there is one out there that would be perfect but its not a Quaife...

9. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I don't see a Fiesta RS in the future, but a good chance for a Focus RS. It would be a tough sell to have a Fiesta RS priced well above the Focus ST. The larger size and price point of the Focus make it a better candidate for the RS. However, the RS model has always been the WRC car and the Focus doesn't rally anymore. I also doubt it will have a mechanical LSD since Ford has been working on using electronics and geometry to get away from a mechanical LSD.

What is known, from a number of sources, is that it will be FWD, gas powered, and have a manual transmission. AWD is heavy, complex, expensive, and hard to package. There was rumors of a turbo FWD/electric RWD Focus RS, but that isn't accurate.

As for a rally Fiesta ST, there is already one going together and plans for a lot more of them for the Rally America series. :)