Fiesta ST 1-Month Review

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by BRGT350, Sep 2, 2013.

1. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I will have my brother chime in with the sound questions since that is his area. My wife's Escape does have the Sony upgrade and it sound really good. My ears are not tuned well enough to really compare the ST and the Escape together, but I would give the Escape a slight edge over the ST.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BRGT350

Ford pays for the gas during the Fiesta Movement program. Since 93 octane gives us the most power, that is what we use. We could use 87 octane (which is what we run in our EcoBoost Escape), but I don't want any decrease in performance with the ST. I might try a test with 87 octane in December when weather conditions don't allow for full use of the 197hp. I don't know if the other agents are using 93 octane or 87 octane fuel in their cars. I have read a few Focus ST owners say they get better mileage with the 93 octane, so the cost is actually less over the span of a year using the higher octane fuel with better MPG. I have not confirmed that to be true.

The 2003 Cobra was one of the highpoints of the Mustang! You surely picked the right one to own. I agree, the Boss302 is the only S197 Mustang I would consider owning. It is packed with badassery, but is still too big. I almost bought a GT/CS instead of the Fiesta, but can't get over the size. My dad has a 07 Shelby GT and the car just isn't much fun to drive. I would rather have my 2011 Fiesta with a lot less power than his Shelby GT. It sounds mean, looks pretty good, but is not fun to drive. Going from the ST to the Shelby GT is like going from a speed boat to the Titanic. The Shelby GT feel slow and lathargic compared to the amped up ST.
  4. swansong

swansong New Member

Have you read the reports of the 2015 Mustang dropping around 400 lbs, as well as being 15" shorter and 6" narrower? IMO it's getting back to sports car size, and not land yacht size. I'm strongly considering keeping the SVT and getting one next year, versus going with Fiesta/Focus ST. I'm sure the 400 lb number is with the 2.3L Ecoboost, which is just fine for me since that's the one I'd get. Hopefully they have a track and Recaro package as well.
  5. BRGT350

I just don't think the Mustang would be small enough to get me really interested. I can't wait to see the car, but don't have any interest in buying it. I enjoy my small hatchbacks. :)
    Smokin likes this.
  6. Soundman22

Soundman22 New Member

In the ST the front speakers are component and in the rear they are a standard 2-way. As for size, I don't know and I am not about to take the doors apart to find out. Looking at it I would say the front drivers are either 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 and 5x7 in the rear.

I have never played with the system in the Escape, but trying to compare a system that has a sub or doesn't isn't really comparing apples to apples. Since it doesn't have a sub, your not going to get the low end response that a sub can provide. The factory system does have fair amount of low end and does sound good. After playing with the settings for a few days I am very happy with how it sounds. Like I said in another post, if I owned one, I would put an 8" sub in it and disconnect the rear speakers.

If you have more questions on the stereo, start a new thread or continue the already started stereo thread under the Interior section. I don't want to hijack this thread.
  7. Mike

Mike Member

Thanks for the info. I also have an Escape with the Sony and agree that that it does sound good for a factory. Just wanted your opinion on how they compared sinced you have heard both. FYI I'm flying up for the Ecoboost Challenge in Orlando on Saturday (signed up in June). Any advice on when is the best time to show up times, skipping the Escape portion (I own one already) etc...
  8. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

I will be at the Orlando event. I signed up for 3pm.