Fiesta ST GMR Run Music Video

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Photos and Media' started by BlueBomber, Mar 8, 2014.

1. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

hey guys.

So hey DAVE, there's a ton of your car here.

Anyways, because I shot this on gopros there's no usable engine noise, so i just synced some footage of our cruise to hendrix' "all along the watchtower". I'd love to try this again but with more cameras running.

Three Fiesta STs, on GMR on a bright sunday morning. it don't get much better.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

Footage came out really cool. Wish I'd known about this drive, I go to GMR all the time, usually at night though. I'm actually like five minutes from there right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  4. Drifter

Drifter Member

Very very cool. Would have loved some suble engine sounds as an undertone.
  5. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

me too :(
    The problem with using external go-pros is their mics don't pick up anything. I prefer to leave the engine note in place whenever possible. Believe it or not, capturing the engine note of a car while driving around is pretty hard without a shotgun mic or stationing someone in a corner or something as a fixed camera.
  6. Drifter

Drifter Member

True that. Found the same when I did a little highway vid as well.
  7. Max Archer

Max Archer Member

The best solution I've found has been to mount a small audio recorder (Zoom H1) inside the car near the top of the windshield. That should work especially well in the FiST since the sound symposer outlet is in the dash. Syncing the audio and video is a pain though.

I have a compact pro video camera with XLR inputs and have been planning on picking up an in-car mount for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk