Fiesta ST Intake - 2JR Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by joe@2j-racing, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ryst

ryst Active Member

Did you ever post the results from the vac gauge? I'd be interested to see how well yours works in real world driving.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Sekred

Sekred Active Member

No, never got round to testing it. I installed a fitting in the air box lid, so I suppose I should make the effort.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  4. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

Yes, vs the OEM filter. I suppose that is true. But my point was using a K&N drop in, and then doing a CAI (out of the engine - directly in front of twin 1.5hp fans) produced no discernible difference in power vs K&N. The IAT stays more constant when its isolated from heat and getting fresh air only from the front.
  5. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

Would you guys be able to do a test with the K&N filter and cutting some holes in the front of the stock air box.
    I read on another thread that someone got about a 5hp increase. I'm looking for some sort of confirmation.
    And if possible would you be able to do these and your previous tests with the stock intake tube vs the silicone tube. I'm sure there are guys who are interested in seeing what the gains are.
  6. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

We are working on a CAI that will never get wet, sits only in fresh air and has 1/2 of the piping length of the other CAIs.
    myrightfoot, spangenb, Sekred and 2 others like this.
  7. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Oh boy...scribed for this one :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  8. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

Any time lines?