Fiesta ST Interior Review

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Photos and Media' started by BRGT350, Aug 26, 2013.

1. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

The recent update wasn't as revolutionary as it sounds. It added a few things, but nothing substantial. You can now see the song information on the home screen and when you activate Sync, you get a popup screen showing you some commands you can say.

RodMoe likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Audrey

Audrey Member

According to the Ford website the "Electrochromic auto-dimming rearview mirror" is standard on the ST. Brian, are you sure it's not there? That sounds like a big oversight/mistake to me.

4. DirtyBlueshirt

Click "Additional Disclosures" at the bottom of the page. Last line reads:

Edit: I'm not defending this, it sucks, yes and I'd be upset, too. But there's always some form of C.Y.A. disclaimer on these things.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  5. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The mirror is the old school flip one, but remember that mine is not a 100% production car. I don't know if the Focus ST has one, but the standard car does. It usually comes down to cost, which then, I would just have it an option. A few hundred bucks more on an expensive purchase like a car isn't too much for a feature you want. If you could tap into the 12v source in the headliner for the done lights, then you could easily add the self dimming mirror.

Yeah, the MFT stuff is just an update, but not a revolutionary one. I need to get it done to our Escape since the current version of MFT sucks. I get a call from my wife once a week with something not working on it. Her Escape MFT seems far more buggy than the ST one, but both are out of date.

6. Removed

Removed Guest

My dealer told me the auto-dimming mirror had been moved to the Recaro package. Not sure how true that is...

7. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Awesome review and pictures!! Thanks!

8. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I say "Yay!!" to no self dimming mirror. I've learned to hate the one on my SES.

RodMoe likes this.
  9. BRGT350

For those without a 2011-13 Fiesta to compare against, here is a POV review of my 2011 Fiesta for comparison

10. Removed

Removed Guest

Do the Recaros in the ST eat into rear seat room like they do in the Focus?

11. BRGT350

The Recaro's are scalopped to give about the same leg room as the non-Recaro cars.

12. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

If anyone takes delivery of an ST without recaros please post a review of those seats. Im having a hard time justifying paying 2k for seats.

13. BRGT350

Remember it is seats, heated seats, and heated side mirrors.

14. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

Thank you sir. But I live in central Florida. So for me, it is just high bolstered seats.

15. Removed

Removed Guest

From what I have noticed, other cars that offer Recaros as an option usually charge about the same, or more, for the seats. If you buy them aftermarket, you can easily spend $2k on just the front seats alone through Ford Racing or getting a Sparco/Recaro aftermarket seat.

Some cars offers Recaro's standard, but they're quite a bit more than $24,000. I've sat in the regular Fiesta and Focus seats - you get what you pay for.

16. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

One would hope that the non recaro ST seats are still different/better than stock fiesta seats. We shall have to wait and see. Adding the recaros requires another $200 down and $30 a month over 5 years. Makes the car go from a bargain to why didn't you just buy a wrx territory.

17. Removed

Removed Guest

18. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

19. DirtyBlueshirt

I'd really like to get those seats in my Titanium. Sure it's not an ST but I do enough 'spirited' driving to appreciate the extra bolstering. That and the steering wheel (better 10&2 contours). The only thing stopping me is that they have the "ST" logo and I feel bad about putting that badge in a car with the standard 1.6.

20. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

There are three STs that just arrived at my dealer and they do NOT have the electronic self-dimming mirrors.
    As I was overwhelmed with the thought of just driving away with one of these and had to leave.
    I totally overlooked the rear headrests.
    I may go back tomorrow to look/drool again.

Dave

21. DirtyBlueshirt

Presumably those had Recaros as well?

September 15th is coming.