Fiesta ST Recaro seat break-in

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by Skeezix, Jan 24, 2014.

1. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

With the heated seats it can get toasty..

graynicolas11 and Firesail like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

This winter I am grateful for that ...

graynicolas11 and Mikeygti like this.
  4. LuvfiestaST

The seats are amazing too. Sitting in one spot from beginning to end. Not to mention a warm spot to sit on while waiting for the car to warm up when it's -41 outside

5. I have almost 15,000 km on my car and without a doubt the seats break in! Actually I think its better described as moulding to your body! I love the seats!

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The best part is that the seats can warm you and you don't have to wait for it to get that cold.

Sent with my retro keyboard and mouse.

Dave

7. LuvfiestaST

I sit in a truck driving 9 hrs a day so after work it's a treat to sit into them.. I wonder if like a good pair of jeans they will give to the shape of the driver? My passenger and rear seats looks the same as they did the day they were installed

8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Not exactly flattened but just more relaxed comfortable fitting . Like a pair of comfortable well used soft leather gloves .. Still fully functional just form fitted ..

fly2low and LuvfiestaST like this.
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Understand .. Sorry

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  10. johnnyquest

johnnyquest Member

I've got (gulp) over 7000 miles on my FiST since taking delivery back before Thanksgiving. Honestly, I think the seats are better now than when they were new. I think it's partly my getting used to them and partly them getting used to me (5'10" 205, stocky/athletic build). I also feel that the suspension has broken in some. Again, it could be all in my brain...could just be that I'm becoming used to it...but I swear the suspension feels a bit more supple and a bit more forgiving now than it did when new.

I'm planning to write an ownership update, just haven't had the time yet. And I'm throwing around the idea of doing a video review with my GoPro instead. I'll make sure to cover this topic when I do.

No other issues thus far. Still love it every time I drive it.

JQ

fly2low likes this.
  11. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

[quote=" I also feel that the suspension has broken in some. Again, it could be all in my brain...could just be that I'm becoming used to it...but I swear the suspension feels a bit more supple and a bit more forgiving now than it did when new.

JQ[/quote]

Have you checked the air in the tires? I'm not saying that the suspension isn't loosening up just a bit, but suggesting that perhaps some of the suppleness is coming from having less air the tires after 7000 miles/ 6 months?

12. johnnyquest

johnnyquest Member

Yeah the tire pressures are set to spec. Like I said, my previous statement is not based on science. There's a very good possibility that it's all in my head.

JQ

13. Irsinn

Irsinn New Member

Shopping for a FiST and I'm very glad I found this thread as I'm 6'3" 240. I had an R32 and the seats in that took a while to break in, I was hoping for the same in the ST as they are very snug.

It appears from the comments here that they do loosen up some after time...

14. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Since this thread has started, I've talked to a number of Fiesta ST and Focus ST guys about this in person. Some claim that the FoST seats are even more of a snug fit, but I don't think so. Anyhow, it has been a universal truth that they break-in. This is the kind of thing where YMMVG, but I don't recall one person that regretted the choice to go with Recaro seats. Maybe it's as much that they break-in as we accept them.

15. LuvfiestaST

I
    I loves em

16. ohskigod

ohskigod Member

I'm 6ft, 225-230 and the recaros actually hurt my traps after about 3 minutes of driving.

17. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

That sounds to me that you're traps are too tight for your own good. The seats are probably irritating trigger points in the affected muscle.

18. Removed

Removed Guest

They do break in, but they are still pretty snug. It's all personal preference, I love them, some people hate them, haven't really met anyone who was 'meh' about them.

...Kinda like the McRib. ;)

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  19. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I have a love hate relationship with my Recaros....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk