Fiesta ST TPMS reset/relearn procedures

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Hiramw, Nov 19, 2013.

1. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I took my car to my uncles friends house last night to get my snow tires put on, he has the tire changer machine. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it done because these tires are very hard to mount without completely scratching up the wheels. He said that his machine is cheap and unable to mount them without scratching up the wheels. Also he was afraid it would mess up something with the TPMS. So I'm going to a professional place to get it done after work. Will I have to follow those procedures to get the TPMS to work right?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

If you're using the same rims, you only have to follow the rotation procedure that's described in the owner's manual. If you get new rims with new sensors, you need to retrain the vehicle to the new sensors as described here.
  4. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Oh ok, I won't have to worry about that until I get my spring/summer wheels mounted on the factory tires
  5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Actually, If they do the tire swap one at a time and put the rims back on the same positions they are now, you won't need to do anything at all.
  6. audiphile

audiphile Member

no, you won't need to do anything.
  7. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Come to think of it why doesn't someone make a handheld device that resets the vehicle sensor instead of the wheel sensor.

That way I can have my rallycross and autocross wheels without TPMS like in the olden days...
    RodMoe likes this.
  8. Noah

Noah Member

TPMS-19 (TPMS-19-8C2Z-1A203-A)
    Where do i get this?

9. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

10. stuntdoogie

When I turn my car on its says "tire pressure monitor fault" on the screen...tried doing these steps but no luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  11. stuntdoogie

So the 6x hazard button starts the tpm procedure but my triggering tool and sensors are not syncing for some reason. Hope im doing it right by putting the tool near the stem and holding tje button till the red light goes off but nothing happens, isnt the horn suppose to honk after each wheel sync?

12. audiphile

audiphile Member

6x hazard button is a different method. do the method described in this thread. Or come by to inwood and I'll try and do it for you.
  13. stuntdoogie

Inwood in manhattan?

14. audiphile

audiphile Member

15. stuntdoogie

How long you gonna be up there?

16. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Be s
    Be sure to let us all know what worked. I've read that the "six times hazard" method it for rotating tires, not changing the rims completely. .. nothing but good reports from the "hit the brakes, on-offon.. hit the brakes.. off... on off on... method.
  17. stuntdoogie

Cant get it to work with the above steps ugh...tried about 5x. Im starting to think sensors are fudged.

18. stuntdoogie

Update: Sensors synced thanks to Audiphile.

19. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

what were the exact procedures
    pelotonracer2 likes this.
  20. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Yeah, let us know how you and Audiphile sorted it out.
  21. eRic

eRic Active Member

the first post tells how to train new sensors vs. rotating the tires.