Fiesta ST TPMS reset/relearn procedures

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Hiramw, Nov 19, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Yeah Audiphile followed the OP's instuctions. Tirerack also sent me a pdf similar to this one. He did it pretty fast in under 1or 2 minutes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. audiphile

audiphile Member

We used the procedure that the OP posted, but here is a slightly modified procedure to make it a bit more clear (in red):

Training new TMPS sensors for a Fiesta ST:

- You may need to drive the car for 20 or 30 minutes to get the TPMS fault light to come on before you start.

- Make sure the tires are inflated to the proper psi.

- Open door, close door

- With the car off, press and release the brake pedal.

- Without starting your engine press the ignition button 5 times (to end up with ignition in ON position)

- Press and release the brake pedal.

- Press the ignition button to turn it off.

- Without starting your engine press the ignition button 5 times (to end up with ignition in ON position)

- The horn should sound once and a message to train the left front tire should appear on the MyFord Touch screen.

- Use the TPMS-19 (TPMS-19-8C2Z-1A203-A) transmitter to train each wheel, starting the the left front and going clockwise around the car. You hold the transmitter against the sidewall, near the valve stem.
    Zormecteon likes this.
  4. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's distance based. I always get the light at the same place on my way to work. It's 16 miles from my house and it doesn't matter how many lights I hit or how long it takes to get there. My original rims and tires are in the garage where I park, so the system always resets when I park the car in garage and the cycle repeats the next day.
  5. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

THanx for the clarification. I would have been hitting the button 3 times and been frustrated. Is it correct to assume that (since I don't yet have the car, should be here this week) hitting the button without pushing in the clutch will turn on the car electrics, essentially like the ACC position of a keyed ignition?
  6. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

7. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Ok I tried to reset the TPMS a half a dozen times.. Cost $6 for air at the gas station and no luck... Cheaper to buy black electrical tape over the light on the dash... Grrrrrrrr
  8. LuvfiestaST

My Ford Trigger arrived today from Tirerack.. Ordered it Wednesday arrived today in Toronto.. Will have to try it tomorrow.. Thanks Tirerack for such fast service
  9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Cool! How much was it all together? Let us know how it works!
  10. LuvfiestaST

Cost $69 to ship it to Toronto.. The gadget cost $45.. Ford told me they charge $57 to do it 2x a year.. So for $45 I hope it works..
    mrtn likes this.
  11. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I got mine from Tire Rack as well.. worked perfectly the first time using that on-off-on-off-on procedure. .. Mine came with a chunk of velcro. I stuck it to the side of the spare tire well so that I won't loose it.
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  12. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Thanks. I was going to get one too but my dealer said they dont charge to reset... I hope they didn't lie to me.
  13. Monochrome

Monochrome Member

Is there a way to disable the TPMS entirely?

Why? Because its not needed when you regularly manually the check tire pressure.
    hollywood likes this.
  14. LuvfiestaST

They told me $57 to reset each time I change my tires
  15. __V__

__V__ Member

FYI: Amazon has the tpms tool for a bit cheaper than tirerack if anyone is looking to buy it
  16. LuvfiestaST

Reset the TPMS with the Ford Trigger tool.. Took less than a minute.. Thanks to the guys on here for the info and also Tirerack... Best little tool on the market...
  17. Rick

Rick New Member

You guys are lifesavers. I was about to bash my brains in trying to get my TPMS reset.
  18. pk8rk8

pk8rk8 New Member

Sorry, I know this is an old thread. Is it the tpms sensors that are getting trained, or the car learning the new sensors?

If it's the former, are these steps required if I have two sets of wheels with sensors already trained? Or, do I have to do this every time I swap my winter/summer wheels?
  19. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

every single time you swap
  20. pk8rk8

pk8rk8 New Member

ah that sucks. I guess I'm buying the tool. Thanks mysticfac3
  21. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

So I put new tires on my OEM Rims and now the warning light is on.