Fiesta ST Vs. Lancer Evolution

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by pewwwp, Dec 26, 2013.

1. If you go with Ford Financing to get that extra $500 off, the APR is 4.9%. You can then refinance through your bank after 90 days. Most banks I believe have about a 1.99% rate so it's worth it. The dealer actually mentioned this scenario while I was talking with them and crunching numbers. Check with your dealer though as it varies as to where you live. In SoCal, they can get $2000 off instead of the $1500 where I live on the East Coast. This includes financing through Ford. So their rebate is $1500 without financing. My dealer said Ford gives better incentives to larger volume dealers/areas. If true, this doesn't make sense to me as it would help with sales in smaller towns with less disposable income compared to SoCal. Ugh.
    fly2low likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

That looks right. Check out the current MLK Jr. Sales ad here. Maybe you won't get the extra $500 military discount, but this price is awesome!

4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Well I waited 7.5 month from order till it came in and still wanted it even after the sales guy had his way with my trade in ....
    So glad i got it too even in the dead of winter it is a hoot to drive :)
  5. McRib 1s Back

That's great, good luck! I appreciate your disciplined approach to waiting.

At first the salesmen couldn't tell the FoST from a FiST either (a bad joke is waiting to happen). :)

Let us know how this goes for you!
  6. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the 1 month sitting period?
  7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Definitely helps reduce buyers remorse. Good rule if you can stick to it and apparently you can. I know I couldn't after I drove one. Not that I have a bit of remorse over buying it! :)
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Agreed this one was worth the wait though near the end of the wait I was getting the icth to take the plain one the dealer had in stock .. BUt I was advised by my budget committee to wait or I would be angry with myself.. She oh I mean The Committee was right again....

Great system as was said if you got the stones to stick with it .. Me i tend to be weak..
    pelotonracer2 and Firesail like this.
  9. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Don't know where you'll get $2500 in rebates. Mine was $1800 incl X-Plan and the Christmas Holiday deal......
  10. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

My "sitting period" was from August to the end of November before I finally leased one. :eek:
  11. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Mine was from the time I read about it in R&T to the time I put the magazine down....
  12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL I see what you are saying ... paperwork eh ?
  13. WScottCross

Took you that long to decide, huh?
    Smokin likes this.
  14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

:bag: way off topic but i hope his feet didn't fall asleep... I hate that ... :book:
  15. WScottCross

Sounds like you were turned off by the salesman's reactions to your questions. I wouldn't get too hung up on that. He won't be the one servicing it anyway. If you decide you want the Lotus, we can't blame you for that! If you decide you want a hot hatch, you know this is the one to have!
  16. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

It's hard for me to think of the FiST as a lightweight. It weighs MORE than the FOCUS that it replaces, even though the Focus is a bigger car. It's also about twice the weight of the Sprite that I keep, which is 1450 lbs wet. My sons Honda CRX-H clocks in at about 1800 lbs, a full 1/2 ton less than the FiST, and about the same size, and while not nearly the same performance, it gets over 45 mpg on the freeway.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  17. McRib 1s Back

You have some cool toys now, so no rush, as you've said.

The FiST still appeals to you despite "scoring lower". I agree that bolt-ons make it a lot better. My own FiST is closer to a 9 for me.

Bring that "9 Evo 8" over and we can talk cars. :)
  18. McRib 1s Back

Well...I almost completely agree with you! I see those cars more-or-less the way you've laid it out. Nice.

A few points that I feel worth restating:

1) Cayman makes glorious sounds! It's almost enough for me. Yeah handles great! I'm scared of the reliability issues. The beautiful sound is akin to my old Triumph Speed Triple or cam-driven gear whine of an early VFR.

2) Evo MR came off feeling wonky for street duty. It felt curiously soft but handled great. Also, too Fast and Furious for me. :)

3) The new Golf/R will be great. Heck, I might get one in the future. It's going to be lighter than the old one, but not FiST light! Don't forget the new WRX.

I'll drop you a PM for some meeting ideas...
  19. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

So other than blowing your own horn (too much and too loud) what's your point?
  20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ummmmmm ok derp
  21. McRib 1s Back

You got it wrong, bud. We all say stuff that gets taken the wrong way from time-to-time. You're an enthusiast, and we dig that -- remember you're in like company!

I hope you get a FiST and come back. You were called on something, and dealt with it. Don't get butt-hurt about it. :)