Fiesta vs M3 - Tracked

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by joe@2j-racing, Dec 26, 2013.

1. joker96

joker96 Member

I can't watch the video because its not available in my country.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Michael

Michael New Member

I got that message too using Tapatalk. Try viewing the post in your browser instead, and it'll work.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

joker96 likes this.
  4. joker96

joker96 Member

Yup it worked thanks!!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

5. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

It is impressive but I wonder how good some of those other drivers were? Switch rides with the GTR driver and then see who is passing who(m?).

6. eRic

eRic Active Member

looking forward to saac-mcr otd at whrri.

7. audiphile

audiphile Member

Man, you're making me want to sell my M3 and just track the ST! I'd be upgrading tires, pads and brake fluid only.. hmm

8. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

Its pretty amazing how well the ST performs. Lap after lap without hesitation. I have to say, Ford did it right.

BRGT350 likes this.
  9. meFiSTo

meFiSTo Active Member

If only we could hold ourselves to that kind of a modification limit. I'd like to THINK that's all I'll do too, but there is the Cobb Stage 1 tune. Maybe high performance transmission fluid. And some lightweight wheels to go with that sticky rubber. Hah.

10. joe@2j-racing

The tranny felt fine. If I do the diff I will run heavyshockproof

11. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Really impressed with your review of the ST on track. Many of things I found from being on track and backed up. I ran no where nearly as fast, nor as close to the limit of the car.

The sad thing of the ST is that it out performs my Mustang, which is completely set up for track and autocross. It is faster, easier to drive, and more confidence inspiring than my Mustang. The ST just loves being on track.

12. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

This makes me sad as I look out my window and see over a foot of snow knowing the track time is still months away ;) LOL and it makes me Happy in that i picked the right car ...

13. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yeah, it used to really get me depressed around late Jan thru March. Now I use winter as a training ground for practicing braking, sliding, and car control. It is the closest thing to a winter sport and keeps me happier until the glaciers retreat in a few months.

Firesail, spangenb and RodMoe like this.
  14. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I found the same thing with my '08 Mustang GT/CS: drove heavy and didn't inspire confidence. People may laugh at my love for the old neon ACR, but that car fit like a glove and drove like an extension of my hands and feet :) I am hoping to recapture a little of that magic.

15. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

The Neon ACR was awesome! I tend to think of the FiST as an evolved version of that (and similar sport compacts of the day). I rode in a modified ACR that was fast as hell! It had MONSTER torque steer and was way rough around the edges, too. I still see ACRs around here. Some make more than 300WHP easily. Beware! :)

spangenb likes this.
  16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Neon's can be scary fast about the only down side i have seen is one or two a year will be taken home on a trailer or up on jackstands fixing or replacing drive shafts.. not to say other cars did not have issues. But for as old and rough a life they may have had i thought it was cool.. run em till they break then fix em faster ....

late apex and spangenb like this.
  17. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I wonder what will happen on my test drive this Saturday after watching that video....ha ha ha

spangenb likes this.
  18. joe@2j-racing

The Europeans got it right with the ST. Great chassis, excellent motor for a 1.6. Way way better than anything in the price range (FWD). The GTI is probably the better GT car but I doubt you can hammer it like you can the ST without complaint. I'd jump at the chance to strip one to bare metal, cage it and pump 22-25psi out of a GT28 on E85. With a diff, there would be little that could compete.

Its the little things that no one sees Ford got right. The front roll center for example. Oh its so sweet.

BRGT350 likes this.
  19. joe@2j-racing

I want to see a Juke RS vs Fiesta ST

joker96 and Firesail like this.
  20. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

The currently available Nismo edition Juke was a big improvement in terms of handling but still not quite enough to compete with the ST.

Oddly, the new NISMO Juke RS pairs a CVT to AWD and only the FWD gets a manual transmission!

My Juke was mildly tuned and I found the CVT disappointing (no manual w/AWD?!). It wasn't great as a commuter (lower than advertised MPG) and the power delivery was lazy. These things accelerate pretty good with intake and exhaust. Let's see the RS comparo! It might be too new, but we'll see this soon...

21. joe@2j-racing

The Juke RS comes with a helical diff, 6spd. But yes only FWD