Finally, a ST that I don't have to give back

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by BRGT350, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I prefer the looks of the 3 door, but I do enjoy having the rear 2 doors and smaller front doors. Loading tires (which oddly is a common thing for me), putting in my RC planes, packing luggage, and general cleaning of the interior are all easier with the extra rear doors.

So far, each night since delivery has been spent working on the ST. More work planned for Sunday, then a detail early next week, and then finally pictures of the completed car. This will end the phase 1 of the project. I have some more cosmetic and performance stuff planned for September, but most of the fun will wait until next spring. Hopefully going to do the Cobb/Mountune Accessport this year, but it will depend on if the tuning will work on the 2015 MY cars.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BRGT350

Thanks Firesail!

4. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Congratulations! I'm happy for you, you've had to wait possibly more than anyone here.

5. BRGT350

Finally it stopped raining and the car was clean enough for some photographs!

[​IMG]
    After a full week of work, my 2015 Ford Fiesta ST is finally ready to be photographed. by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Fiesta ST August 2014 034 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Fiesta ST August 2014 025 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Fiesta ST August 2014 047
    by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

So far I have the drop-in Mountune air filter, yellow Lamin-X fog lamp film, 17x7 Axis Touring Cup wheels, P215/40 17 Yokohama S-Drive tires, red G2 caliper paint, clear coated suspension components, and a few Ford Rallye Sport decals (which have been on my cars starting around 2003). Next up will the be Mountune/Cobb Accessport and then winter tires. The rest of the fun will have to wait until next spring when the snow melts.

I 100% love the ST and very happy to finally own one. I am really looking forward to the Accessport and then perhaps exhaust. I really miss the sound of my 2011 Fiesta with the Borla/FRPP exhaust and I find the ST to be a little too quiet.

6. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

That is my same thought. I have listened to several video clips of the various exhaust systems that are currently available and I've come to choose Cobb's exhaust as my preferred choice. After using a flowmaster 400 series muffler on my neon with stock piping, I've definitely come to appreciate less of the stupid droning sound and incessant noise ALL the time. Cobb's isn't too loud if you aren't being aggressive, but it still is loud enough that I can actually hear something and then when you jump on it, it sings including that lovely burble-pop when you back off the throttle. Just need to save up. :/

Oh and congrats by the way.

7. BRGT350

thanks Ca5p3r. I am leaning towards the Cobb exhaust or Mountune. I will be saving up my pennies for spring time.

8. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

The Cobb get MUCH nicer after a couple of weeks. Lots of burble and pop now. I LOVE it!

9. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I concur...get lots of compliments......what did one of my co-workers say ? " Sounds "snarly and pissed off." lol

WScottCross likes this.
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Not I. Catback

12. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Stock DP still for me.

13. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Did you take off the black covers in the bumper that cover the OEM FMIC end tanks or do the 2015's not come with them?

You don't have the horizontal bars either....

14. BRGT350

The Cobb cat back is on the top of my list, followed by FSWerks. It won't be until spring when I do the exhaust, so I will have a chance to see what Mountune is offering.

Razorlab, I removed the lower grill in front of the intercooler. It easily snaps off. I will install it later this fall when the leaves start falling and keep it on for the winter.

[​IMG]
    Fiesta ST August 2014 047
    by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr