Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

First post. Allow myself to introduce, myself...

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  takuarc 
#1 ·
Hello. Just found the forum while doing some FiST research. I was ready to pull the trigger on a '13 Abarth, but the dealer I've been trying to work with is giving me the runaround. I'm working overseas until late November. I kept asking to put a deposit down and they kept telling me they wouldn't take it until November. Well it's November, and now they are saying after November 5. I'm kinda over them and am starting to understand why the same 11 Abarths have been on their lot for the last three months.

I knew the Fiesta ST was coming out soon, read all the great reviews in my favorite car magazines. I decided to check around with the local dealers and low and behold one of them as a Molten Orange on their lot fully loaded. I made an offer, they made me a reasonable counter offer and told me there's also rebates available. With luck, I will be giving them my deposit today or tomorrow. I haven't driven an ST yet, but had a Fiesta HB as a long term rental a couple of years ago and thought it was a great car. I'm sure the ST won't disappoint.

Looking forward to reading more posts and learning more about the car from the community.

JQ

#2 ·
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I sure wasn't when I drove one. And molten orange is a great color to see in person. On the other hand, the Fiat likely would have been a mistake even with a good dealer. Haven't driven one personally, but I've heard some not so great things about the US Fiats and people trading them in after not too long. And I kinda believe it because when they were new I saw a ton of them just pop up out of nowhere. I can't remember the last time I saw one lately though. Haven't heard much about the Abarth, but it's the same platform.

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome, put my deposit down today. Will take delivery when I get home on November 26. Think I got a pretty good deal over all. They took $750 bucks off of MSRP and I got $1500 in rebates. Gonna lease it for 3 years/15000 miles per year. If it proves to be durable and I'm still enjoying it then I'll purchase after the lease. My 2012 Volvo S60 T5 has been a fantastic car, but I grew up driving bugs, GTIs, and I even had a del sol back in '93. I often feel that my S60 is just way more car than I need, and it's so good it's almost boring. Anyways, if anyone is considering an S60 I would recommend it, although it's a way different car than an ST.

After I pick up my car, I will make sure to give a full review of the dealer. So far they've been very easy to deal with.

JQ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.